Granite Should I warranty this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pug

Very Active Member
Hospitality Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Typhon 3s
6A81BF26-2741-42C6-B88C-37D636FF6620.jpeg
F8D799CC-A7A4-4E3C-ACC9-3206DAE1FAB5.jpeg
My cousin is apparently terrible at driving and hit a fence, it broke these parts here.

"To guarantee you have the best experience possible we offer a two year warranty covering defects in materials, workmanship and assembly on all of our products."

If it was crashed it into a fence, I'd call that a user error and not a defect in materials.
Looks like my cousin is spending some money today! I am going to epoxy the mounting tab to try to fix it.

I would not.
And I would not let him drive your rig. I learned this years ago.
Make him pay for it??? IDK..... Or Lesson learned.
But calling HH to warranty a part that an Inexperienced person broke is kind of silly. How would you legitemately articulate this as a Defect??

It is only your call in the end.:unsure:

I would not.
And I would not let him drive your rig. I learned this years ago.
Make him pay for it??? IDK..... Or Lesson learned.
But calling HH to warranty a part that an Inexperienced person broke is kind of silly. How would you legitemately articulate this as a Defect??

It is only your call in the end.:unsure:
It was his Granite luckily… I am currently flattening the motor mount.

Looks like my cousin is spending some money today! I am going to epoxy the mounting tab to try to fix it.
Forget about the expoxy and just replace it IMHO.:unsure:
Start fresh again.
That Motor mount will never be the same again no matter what you do. But hey, give it a try.;) Can buy you time till you do replace it.:unsure:
Have him consider the M2C $upgrade$ M. mount and bracket. One idea, maybe down the road.
Good that it was his rig! I thought it was yours.:LOL:
You are hooking him up.(y)

Last edited:
As mentioned above the parts were not defective and broken/damaged due to user error so Horizon more than likely would not replace them. I suggest the new thicker 3s motor mount from arrma or the HR one. Esc is kinda a pain but if you use some good 3m double sided tape it will stay put.

As mentioned above the parts were not defective and broken/damaged due to user error so Horizon more than likely would not replace them. I suggest the new thicker 3s motor mount from arrma or the HR one. Esc is kinda a pain but if you use some good 3m double sided tape it will stay put.
The ESC still stays down fine, I might do that just to be safe.

The Granite is only 1 day old…
One day old or 1 year and 364 days old, User Error is user error.....:rolleyes: Crap happens.
Most newbs break these in the very beginning from RC inexperience. HH knows this.
The Warranty is clear in regards as posted above.
Again that becomes a personal call.
Just that I would not.
Answering your original question.
Just me.
Don't let it be a bummer. Rigs break. Fix. Repeat. At some point driving skills improve and this won't happen needlessly again.
Newbs should always have plenty of space to begin with. With No obstacles nearby. We experienced RC'ers can drive better in more confined spaces better than newbs can. Need to rethink where he is bashing.

Last edited:
One day old or 1 year and 364 days old, User Error is user error.....:rolleyes:
Yep, this experience reminded me to never let my cousin borrow any of my RC cars, lol. At least it was his own RC. Maybe I should make him run it on 2s at 50% throttle. He was running it on 3S at 100%

At least he is lucky you have his back.;)
Teach him how to drive now.:LOL: Slow it down for him.

At least he is lucky you have his back.;)
Teach him how to drive now.:LOL: Slow it down for him.
I will do that! Thanks for the help!

Well, it turns out that I can’t bend the mount back, lol. It’s too bent to bend it back. I tried a plastic dead blow hammer, it didn’t work. As a last resort, I tried the vice and it didn’t work.

Plastic hammer wont cut it IMHO. A heavy sledge hammer over a block of wood may be better.(y) What I use for bent shock towers. The mount will be scratched and dinged slightly. don't stress over this. Is what it is to make it as flat as possible. But will never be the same. Maybe close enough to run it. Just Watch your gear mesh ultimately. don't want to brick the spur and pinon. Why I say to replace it, if you truly can't get it flat enough. A high probability.

Plastic hammer wont cut it IMHO. A heavy sledge hammer over a block of wood may be better.(y) What I use for bent shock towers. The mount will be scratched and dinged slightly. don't stress over this. Is what it is to make it as flat as possible. But will never be the same. Maybe close enough to run it. Just Watch your gear mesh ultimately. don't want to brick the spur and pinon. Why I say to replace it, if you truly can't get it flat enough. A high probability.
I bent the rest back just by screwing into to the rest of the module, it’s sitting flush with the module now.
105D7095-8BC8-4846-94A5-E0A9E52AA0EF.jpeg

I fully agree with this statement... don't warranty crap out that happen as a user error.... own up to it and buy a replacement .
I may have one laying around as well. I bought it for the girlfriend's senton and never used it.. I'll check in a hour or so.
One day old or 1 year and 364 days old, User Error is user error.....:rolleyes: Crap happens.
Most newbs break these in the very beginning from RC inexperience. HH knows this.
The Warranty is clear in regards as posted above.
Again that becomes a personal call.
Just that I would not.
Answering your original question.
Just me.
Don't let it be a bummer. Rigs break. Fix. Repeat. At some point driving skills improve and this won't happen needlessly again.
Newbs should always have plenty of space to begin with. With No obstacles nearby. We experienced RC'ers can drive better in more confined spaces better than newbs can. Need to rethink where he is bashing.

I fully agree with this statement... don't warranty crap out that happen as a user error.... own up to it and buy a replacement .
I bent back the motor mount, I’m going to have my cousin buy an extra motor mount for his Granite since it’s his RC.

doesn't hurt to try. The word 'NO' wont kill you. :)
Customer service for companies are sometimes trained to 'let one slide' as to keep the customer happy....?
Try it.:)
View attachment 182613View attachment 182614My cousin is apparently terrible at driving and hit a fence, it broke these parts here.
Expensive hobby for sure, but if there is a possibility of saving some $ by getting a warranty claim approved I say go for it. The Everyone wallets are different. Just my .02

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back