Typhon Should my Typhon bottom out on an 18” drop?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homebrew

Thou shalt not partake of decaf.
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Senton 3s
  3. Typhon 3s
Just replaced the arms with RPMs, rebuilt the shocks with 60 weight, and it bottoms out with a small drop. Does this seem right to you all?

Again, be careful. That's racing rig advice. If you want to reduce chassis slap in a basher, it's really not the right advice.
Gotcha. In the end, it's actually what I was looking for, and it defines a lot of physics that I've never thought about.

Just replaced the arms with RPMs, rebuilt the shocks with 60 weight, and it bottoms out with a small drop. Does this seem right to you all?

How does it drive? To me, it looks like your car should be pretty good since it didnt jump at off the ground on the rebound but the real test is driving it. In my opinion the car behaves much differently / jumps differently / while being driven - I don't put much thought into a "drop from a randomly determined height onto the garage floor" method of testing. When a car jumps in real life it's being propelled forward, this drastically effects the handling, I don't understand the point of the static drop test.

Last edited:
Back