Should pictures be required in the classified section.

Should pictures be required in the classified section.

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slick2500

Anything will break if you drive it wrong enough.
Community Leader
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 3s
As the title says should pictures be a requirement for the classified section?
Many other forums that I am part of even require that at least one of your pictures has your forum username and the date written on a piece of paper.

Putting something up for sale and then not including a picture of said item is just pure laziness. Your item is upwards of 220% more likely to sell if you include a clear picture of said item you are selling. When I am looking to buy stuff if there are no pictures I just skip over the add, I want to see what it is I am buying.
/rant

I totally agree. If they say email or contact for pictures, I don't even bother and I skip over it regardless how interested I am in the item. If I have to email for the pictures I feel like there is a greater chance of getting scammed and makes you wonder what they are hiding by not posting pictures.

With that said, if they provide a link to a craigslist or ebay add or something that DOES have pictures and descriptions and they say follow the link for pictures, I am ok with it. Yes, it's still lazy, but the information is there with very little digging.

While I understand the question and can agree to some point, I don't foresee this becoming a requirement. Mostly due to me not having the time to monitor every classified ad to ensure they all have a picture posted. But further more this should be pretty common sense to any seller.

Really, how many items have you ever bought something without either seeing it first in person or pictures? If a seller is to lazy to include pictures of their item then to me I'd rather not deal with that person and do as @chevys10zr2003 does and simply keep on looking. If they are to lazy to post pictures than are they going to be to lazy to ship the item in a timely manner as well? Maybe the lack of pictures is because they are trying to hide something? I don't know and I don't care - on to the next ad.

That said we do encourage users to post pictures and a written note that has the sites name, your user name and date on it in the photo as well - all of this is mentioned in the Classifieds Forum Rules.

I agree....AND ANOTHER THING..lol."Don't put or best offer" if you don't really mean it.
I've had Ebay sellers come back with a few cents to a buck off after I offered say a 5-10% lower than list price. That's gust click bait imo ....rant off

I agree....AND ANOTHER THING..lol."Don't put or best offer" if you don't really mean it.
I've had Ebay sellers come back with a few cents to a buck off after I offered say a 5-10% lower than list price. That's gust click bait imo ....rant off

Dealing with that now. Haha guy wants $300 or best offer for this fully decked out Traxxas Rally 1/10. I offered $275 and it was automatically declined. So I offered $280, then $285, then $290 and all were instantly declined. Haha drives me nuts.

Back