Outcast Should servo move tires when stationary?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QLynxer

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Granite
  3. Mojave
  4. Outcast 6s
I’ve been using cheap Amazon 35kg servo on my Mojave, granite and felony with no problems.

On my outcast with badlands, it has trouble moving the tires when stationary.

Upgraded to jx 45kg servo and it moves the tires a little bit more but nowhere close to full range when car is not moving.

Is this good enough?
Should I upgrade to powehobby mbl 729?
Will I get full range of steering with more powerful servo?

I run a savox 1211sg in my kraton on 7.4v with the stock tires it moved them no problem. When I put my trencher HP on it will not turn (ok just a little bit) them until I’m moving. I’ve been thinking of changing out for the 1210sg it’s a little slower but 1/3 more power. I run the 1211sg in my infraction does great.
5DE4B4BA-5180-4C40-8A6B-538C046BD6D6.png
0F203C30-E8E7-412C-9F2C-31587C7C973E.png

Those badlands 3.8mx are big and heavy. It's going to take alot to throw those around. Also the servo saver OEM is pretty weak. You can go super duty on the servo and saver and make good improvment. Depends on what you are looking to do with the truck. Maybe keep a set of backflip LP's around if you want better handling. If it drives ok I would just leave it. My Outcast has badlands as well. It's not the best turning vehicle and I just adjust my driving accordingly. It does however backflip like crazy.

I’ve been using cheap Amazon 35kg servo on my Mojave, granite and felony with no problems.

On my outcast with badlands, it has trouble moving the tires when stationary.

Upgraded to jx 45kg servo and it moves the tires a little bit more but nowhere close to full range when car is not moving.

Is this good enough?
Should I upgrade to powehobby mbl 729?
Will I get full range of steering with more powerful servo?
I understand that the wheels aren’t turning, but is the servo arm not turning? Is the servo saver soaking up the movement?

Thanks for all replies.
My truck has the hot racing servo saver which is very strong. The servo arm actually isn’t able to move the full range of motion.

The servo saver itself is very stiff and doesn’t open at all.

I have the original set of back flips but to be honest, I just love the look of the badlands.

I think I’ll run this servo for a week and see if I can live with it.

Then probably upgrade to the power hobby.

Then if that don’t cut it, I’ll go to savox 2290.

Thanks for all the replies

Thanks for all replies.
My truck has the hot racing servo saver which is very strong. The servo arm actually isn’t able to move the full range of motion.

The servo saver itself is very stiff and doesn’t open at all.

I have the original set of back flips but to be honest, I just love the look of the badlands.

I think I’ll run this servo for a week and see if I can live with it.

Then probably upgrade to the power hobby.

Then if that don’t cut it, I’ll go to savox 2290.

Thanks for all the replies
It doesn't really need to move it to full throw if it's sitting still on carpet, while it's rolling it's much more important that it travels to full lock. Make sure your endpoints are set correctly

It doesn't really need to move it to full throw if it's sitting still on carpet, while it's rolling it's much more important that it travels to full lock. Make sure your endpoints are set correctly
yup got the end points set up correctly.

Guess I’m just searching for reasons to upgrades.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back