Outcast Should the center diff get hot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raji

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
As the topic says, Should the center diff get hot?
So, almost before the battery end I found the central diff very hot. Also, I could not put my finger on front dog bone! Is that normal?
I was diving it full throttle almost all the time :D
I'm running 100k in the center, 20k in the rear and 60k in the front

I run a 17t with 60k in the front 100k in the center and 30k in the rear and ran the trencher 3.8s and my cent diff gets a little warm but not hot by any means did u shim ur center diff if so what shims did you use and what orientation did u place the if it's getting that hot seems like to much friction in the diff did you feel the front and rear at the same time temps won't b quite as high front to rear due to the cst but shouldn't be a large increase from front to center

I run a 17t with 60k in the front 100k in the center and 30k in the rear and ran the trencher 3.8s and my cent diff gets a little warm but not hot by any means did u shim ur center diff if so what shims did you use and what orientation did u place the if it's getting that hot seems like to much friction in the diff did you feel the front and rear at the same time temps won't b quite as high front to rear due to the cst but shouldn't be a large increase from front to center

Yes, I shimmed all the three diffs. The front and the rear was not hot they were warm. I think I will remove the shims behind the two small gear and let the big shims under the big gears and give it a try.

Yes, I shimmed all the three diffs. The front and the rear was not hot they were warm. I think I will remove the shims behind the two small gear and let the big shims under the big gears and give it a try.

Yes that is your problem u r shimmed 2 tight in your center diff I only use 2 shims total extra per dif 1 on each set of spiders

Yes that is your problem u r shimmed 2 tight in your center diff I only use 2 shims total extra per dif 1 on each set of spiders
I'm going to try it out today and post updates here

U have the same shim set up in the front and rear
Yes that is right. 4 shims in each diff. Now I removed 2 shims from the small gears in the center diff only.

Are you doing lots of wheelies? Forcing the CD to shed power to the front will heat it up. You may look at bumping up the CD to 300k or higher.
Interesting!! Yes I was doing wheelies a lot. Is the 300k good in rough trails?

This is how the shims look like after I removed it. it is Mugen shims
Is that mean it is to tight? 1518705647836429581385377894158.jpg

Yes deformity like that is from it being to tight at east that' what it looks like to me by the wear on the shims make sure to post the update I'm curious if that was it I would also check the front and rear just to b safe if u r running the same shim set up all the way back and 300k cst seems a little thick when running 100kcst in the center maybe go up 2 80 or 100 in the front

Punctuation man.... LOL Your posts are painful to read.

Going up on the FD won't have any effect on the CD.

Rough trails, do you mean semi-crawling? Or just blasting across rough ground? For semi-crawling, I understand thicker is better. For the crawler conversions I have seen, people will often use 500k-1mil, or even silly puddy.

Depending on which voive-to-text app you are using, you can say "Period" and "Comma" or "Question mark" and it will add them. Google speech-to-text did this very well, my new Samsung uses their "Bixby Voice" and it is not nearly as good...

And heal up quick!

Yes deformity like that is from it being to tight at east that' what it looks like to me by the wear on the shims make sure to post the update I'm curious if that was it I would also check the front and rear just to b safe if u r running the same shim set up all the way back and 300k cst seems a little thick when running 100kcst in the center maybe go up 2 80 or 100 in the front
I will update the forum toddy. Also, I will cheek the front and rear diffs.

Punctuation man.... LOL Your posts are painful to read.

Going up on the FD won't have any effect on the CD.

Rough trails, do you mean semi-crawling? Or just blasting across rough ground? For semi-crawling, I understand thicker is better. For the crawler conversions I have seen, people will often use 500k-1mil, or even silly puddy.

So, you think the 300k will reduce the heat. I will order some 300k and try it.

Lol ya I've got 17 stitches in my right thumb and a torn tendon so I'm using my voice txt sorry but I can' exactly type
I'm sorry for you. I hope you get better soon. So we can see your Punctuation hhhhhhh :D:p

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back