Show me your aftermarket Kraton body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just ordered a new Proline Pre-Cut 2020 Ram Rebel 1500 Clear Body that they released for the ARRMA Kraton!!
Then I will paint it!!

Attachments

• Dodge Proline body.jpg
    Dodge Proline body.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 67
Being a VW guy for years I went with Summitlink Baja body on my Kraton and my EXP pro1/10, two pigs in a? Graffiti Pig paint scheme!

Attachments

• IMG_0849.JPG
    IMG_0849.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0850.JPG
    IMG_0850.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0852.JPG
    IMG_0852.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0854.JPG
    IMG_0854.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 69
PL Brute Armor. Ugly as sin.
Better be strong at the price I paid.:rolleyes:
Yes its tough ugly basher. Not a shelf queen by any measure.View attachment 64652
That white is sooooo right! and the wing is the icing ? I almost did the same thing but I might go the unbreakable route.
Can’t decide...

The white wing is just the White Option wing of the same stock Black Kraton version. The PL body is unbreakable. 4mm thick White PET plastic. Paint wont stick to it. Sides fit very tight. I used the OC/Noto. side guards because the Kraton side guards are too low. The chassis stays very clean in the dirt.
I cant say I recommend it at the price I paid. All unbreakbles are $$ I guess.:unsure: Its the ugliest body I ever had. Maybe its supposed to be ugly.:LOL:

Last edited:
Is this the new Dodge Ram Body that they just released? Also, is it a direct fit for the 6s #KRATON?
The PL Brute body (Clear or Armor version) is a no name PL design body. Non-Licensed. It wants to be a Ford, Dodge or Chevy depending where you look at it from. Its proportions are funny looking to me. The once made it for Kraton and O/C/Noto.

Last edited:
V3 Kraton Unbreakable body arrived. Still waiting on decals. Its a snug fit as it's slightly smaller but it fits. Thicker material than stock but slightly softer. It was precut when I received it but was cut a bit rough. Looks like they used something serrated. It should take a bashing or three. Add an Arrma forum grill and some tyre shine and she looks the part.

20200215_170917.jpg

20200215_171900.jpg

The PL Brute body (Clear or Armor version) is a no name PL design body. Non-Licensed. It wants to be a Ford, Dodge or Chevy depending where you look at it from. Its proportions are funny looking to me. The once made it for Kraton and O/C/Noto.

@SrC - I'm referring to Proline Pre-Cut 2020 Ram Rebel 1500 Clear Body that they just released a few months ago - please see attachments! I think I am going to order this body 1st then for my next body it will be an Unbreakable!

Anyways, I am thinking about getting a Kraton Unbreakable body for my V3!!!
@Warby - how do you like your Unbreakable body so far mate? Have to did any sort of bashing with it yet b.c I am interested in how it held up so far for $80.00 bucks? There is no doubt the body looks off the chain when you add your decals!

Attachments

• 2020 Dodge RAM Rebel Clear Body.jpg
    2020 Dodge RAM Rebel Clear Body.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 55
  • Ram Rebel Decals.jpg
    Ram Rebel Decals.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 72
  • Screen Shot 2020-02-15 at 9.07.24 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-15 at 9.07.24 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Is that black unbreakable a paintable body externally? ?
My PL is made of PET plastics. The surface is like Teflon. Not for painting. Even included stickers don't stick well to it. I had to use a heat gun to get the body real hot to make most of them stick properly. I used automotive ABS bumper solvent degreaser first to remove any mold release agents.

Anyways, I am thinking about getting a Kraton Unbreakable body for my V3!!!
@Warby - how do you like your Unbreakable body so far mate? Have to did any sort of bashing with it yet b.c I am interested in how it held up so far for $80.00 bucks? There is no doubt the body looks off the chain when you add your decals!
Is that black unbreakable a paintable body externally? ?
My PL is made of PET plastics. The surface is like Teflon. Not for painting. Even included stickers don't stick well to it. I had to use a heat gun to get the body real hot to make most of them stick properly. I used automotive ABS bumper solvent degreaser first to remove any mold release agents.

I haven't had time to run it yet but i will keep you guys updated. But my thoughts so far:

It feels robust. It's thicker material and more elastic than the stock bodies. Like it could be run over by a truck and still go back to its original shape. Softer to so may scratch easier. But that's just what I feel. Time will tell.

@SrC it feels like it would not hold paint well. Like its a petroleum based plastic (i mean its kind of oily) but I have no plan to paint it. It's a basher. Got it as a sacrifice body to protect my Kraton and so not to destroy the stock body. Plus I'm a sucker for a sale or bargain.

I asked the question prior to buying, if sticker/decals would stay stuck but got mixed answers. The AF decal did stick but haven't run it or washed it yet.

So took the Kraton with the Unbreakable body out to the nearest field and sent it over my big ramp. 3 lawn darts, 4 roof landings and a couple on the tail (some intentional and some not ;) ). No major damage to body only some marks under body clips. I actually lost 2 clips and found them again by some miracle. I may have to fit Arrma lanyards. The sticker is starting to bubble so don't see it lasting long.

I'm happy with Unbreakable body and think it looks pretty cool. If I am to nitpick though I'd say my 2 gripes are the size of the body and the way it was cut. Its smaller than the stock body so doesn't fit really well. It does fit but is fowling against the front shock upper end guards. I have to push down hard on the body to fit the R-clips. Eventually this may be a wear point. The other small issue is the poor job someone did cutting out the wheel arches etc. Looks like it was done with a hacksaw or something serrated after a bottle of Jacks. No straight cuts. No biggie though as it will be looking rough before long but I would expect better for the price tag.

I'll run a few more packs and bad landings before I decide whether I think its worth it.

The white wing is just the White Option wing of the same stock Black Kraton version. The PL body is unbreakable. 4mm thick White PET plastic. Paint wont stick to it. Sides fit very tight. I used the OC/Noto. side guards because the Kraton side guards are too low. The chassis stays very clean in the dirt.
I cant say I recommend it at the price I paid. All unbreakbles are $$ I guess.:unsure: Its the ugliest body I ever had. Maybe its supposed to be ugly.:LOL:
https://www.justpaint.org/acrylics-on-plastics/
Might have some good info for you.... Honestly, I just kinda skimmed it, but what I read was interesting ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back