Show me your ramps!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suchtragedy

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡ɯɹɐ loɹʇuoɔ ǝʞoɹq
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Felony
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Limitless
  7. Kraton 6s
  8. Outcast 4s
  9. Typhon 3s
  10. Voltage
So I had some extra time the other day and watched a DIY video on YouTube on how to build a RC launch ramp and decided to give it a try.

Here's my first DIY ramp, I think it came out pretty good. Added some left over truck bed liner to the ramp for traction and some wet weather resistance and some casters to move it around for easy transport and storage. Pretty proud of it myself!

Who else has a DIY ramp they want to show off? ?

20200305_113348.jpg

Well done!! Nice details with the casters and bedliner.

Here's mine from July 2018. Truck for scale. I got rid of that ER-2.0
That's clean, and I like that you extended the bottom lip for better run up transition and used a single sheet of plywood. (y)

I like the bedliner idea, I'm planning on building one and was trying to think of something for the surface - that sounds like a good option.

I like the bedliner idea, I'm planning on building one and was trying to think of something for the surface - that sounds like a good option.
You can get a pint of it in a can for like 18 bucks and just use a cheap throwaway paint brush to apply, took like 10 minutes ?

You can get a pint of it in a can for like 18 bucks and just use a cheap throwaway paint brush to apply, took like 10 minutes ?

I also thought about a surface change and even checked out some outdoor carpet / astro turf kinda thing. I like the bedliner idea better for traction and protection as a bonus.
That's clean, and I like that you extended the bottom lip for better run up transition and used a single sheet of plywood. (y)

I think I went with 30 or 35° transition for safer air. The vids I watched had 40° I think and I knew I'd be sending a Traxxas. lol ?

I'd stay away from bedliner that has grit in it. Or you will grind through your chassis skids like I do at my local skate park. It's like hitting the chassis with a belt sander while standing on it at the speeds we run. The suspension fully compresses and drags the noes/tail up the face of the ramp.

Better off sticking with green treat plywood, or a smooth plastic type coating so it slides up the ramp smoothly without wicking away speed and grinding the chassis up.

It's so bad that I have to use steel plates on my trucks I run at the skate park or it will literally chew through the chassis in a single bash session. I burned through M2C's alloy plates down to the screw heads on my outcast after 1 run there.

That reminds me... I bought a strip of titanium to try for that... pretty pretty sparks!

I'd stay away from bedliner that has grit in it. Or you will grind through your chassis skids like I do at my local skate park. It's like hitting the chassis with a belt sander while standing on it at the speeds we run. The suspension fully compresses and drags the noes/tail up the face of the ramp.

Better off sticking with green treat plywood, or a smooth plastic type coating so it slides up the ramp smoothly without wicking away speed and grinding the chassis up.

It's so bad that I have to use steel plates on my trucks I run at the skate park or it will literally chew through the chassis in a single bash session. I burned through M2C's alloy plates down to the screw heads on my outcast after 1 run there.

That reminds me... I bought a strip of titanium to try for that... pretty pretty sparks!

Makes sense.

The sparks should be fun and I forgot you made your own skids. Should make for some cool video when you get the new ones done. ?✨?

Maybe I'll staple some Astro turf on the first half section to it and see what happens lol, or maybe some of those harbor freight soft inter connected padded floor liners would do the trick ?
Or maybe some cheap rolled vinyl floor stuff ?

Last edited:
Small ramp I made for my daughter's 1/18 scale rc. Cardboard, hot glue and tape. Easy. Cost nothing but 10 minutes of my time and a couple of glue sticks. Well worth the fun she and the dog had.

20200228_175519.jpg

20200228_175541.jpg

I dig the long 45 degree slope. TO THE MOON!

Yes it definitely sends them. (y)

I don't know of a local source but what I'm finding online is well over $100. No doubt it would be an awesome surface and local could be the way to go. I wonder what type of business would carry something like this.
https://www.professionalplastics.com/HDPESHEETSRODS
Yeah seems this stuff is not exactly easy to find off the shelf. Maybe I can find a closed down ice rink and get some there lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back