Show your diy stuff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I make things by trade as a Prototyping Technician but love doing what I can at home as well for RC, 1:1 scale cars, our house and more.

Will keep it Arrma related so here is a lot of stuff I made myself for my 6S Typhon last year. ;)
Carbon Fibre front low profile shock tower
View attachment 62417

View attachment 62418

View attachment 62419

Carbon Fibre GPS carrier and aluminium mounting plate (the carrier was made from a modified battery tray)

View attachment 62420

View attachment 62421

View attachment 62422

View attachment 62423

View attachment 62424

Carbon fibre rear wing
View attachment 62425

View attachment 62426

View attachment 62427

Got lots of speed running projects in progress as well to keep me busy including some Arrma like the Limitless but also other RC stuff like this 1/12th scale Serpent S120LTX which I'm making a carbon fibre mounted tray for it so that it will be able to run 3S.
View attachment 62431
Nice! Been thinking about carbon Fibre as well, but could not convince me to start with it. Is it true, that it itches on the skin if u thrill it for example?
Yeah, it comes with the fan mounted up on the inside of the shroud. It’s not the best fan anyway plus I broke a blade on it. I run high-ish gearing and run on hills on the grass so temps climb quickly. This fan however moves some serious air.
Here is the video I made for another member that was asking about the fan itself.

The truck itself is really quick and accelerates really fast. Against the Kraton with same battery, pinion, tires and punch it smoked my Kraton. Kraton has stock BLX185 system in it though.

And hey, at least when you Germans do finish something it is always engineered brilliantly.
Crazy! My fan looks like a toy against it. (speaking of toys ?)

I grew up drag racing and built quite a few 1:1 from the early 1990’s until about 2011 when we had our daughter. I stayed in the shop or at the track almost every night and knew that I needed to shift my focus on family once she came along, so I got out and retired from it.
In 2006, built my Dad his dream car, a replica 427 Shelby Cobra that he still takes out on nice Sundays. When he’s done playing with it I’ll update it again and let it be my old man Sunday cruiser.

View attachment 62428View attachment 62429View attachment 62430
That's amazing, and knowing you did it for your dad, just steps you higher up the ladder of one of the greatest people I've ever had the opportunity to know. #mentor #settingthebestexample

Nice! Been thinking about carbon Fibre as well, but could not convince me to start with it. Is it true, that it itches on the skin if u thrill it for example?
Yeah you really need to be using PPE when working with it to be safe but it's all common sense stuff really. ;)

I use a dust mask, safety glasses and wear disposable gloves when cutting, sanding or drilling it. As an extra precaution in the past I have rigged up an old vacuum cleaner to suck away most of the dust when cutting large pieces or just when creating loads of dust.

Don't let that put you off though at all.
It's so easy to work with and you can make some really great things using carbon fibre with just some basic tools like a Dremel (cutting discs, sanding barrels), drill & drill bits, hand files, sand paper etc.

One thing worth doing if you start making things out of carbon fibre is once you've made your part go around all the open edges with CA glue (super glue) and then smooth that back with some 600grit sand paper. This will help stop the carbon fibre from delaminating.

FYI the best place, as in cheapest place, I've found to buy carbon fibre plate from is eBay. (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back