Kraton Shredded a tire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GraniteVorteksKraton

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Vorteks
20151026_140748.jpg
I shredded a tyre today. I was driving on the beach and a chunk of rubber flew up 20 feet in the air. It was very funny but it ended my session.

Here's some pics

View attachment 424 I shredded a tyre today. I was driving on the beach and a chunk of rubber flew up 20 feet in the air. It was very funny but it ended my session.

Here's some pics
I have had the same problem, I switched to beadlock wheels and taping the tires. beadlocks are a little more work to mount the tire but way easier to switch and tape.

Apparently this is pretty common with the stock tires. My Trenchers have been holding up well untapped. I used to use fishing line around the outside of my Savage 25 tires.

Also, a guy on Facebook has a set of Sweep Racing tires, they are belted, don't balloon at all.

I am still waiting for stockists in Australia to get badlands or trenchers coz they are all out of stock. I had to settle for some cheaper wheels until then.

Here's how she looks :

hdr_1446463873647.jpg

Just an FYI for you beach goers. One of my rear tires started ballooning really bad and came unbalanced to the point that you could actually see it at speed. So I pulled it apart the other night and literally dumped a pile of wet sand out! Pretty sure it happened from roosting through receding waves which happens to be pretty damn fun. Anyway, just a PSA for you dudes and possibly a mystery solved for the OP.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back