Notorious Shredded fan wires…and bonus mystery bushing identification needed (down a few posts)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alphalima

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Senton 3s
Was basing my Notorious today and the pinion gear slipped off and tangled itself on the fan wire. Fan wires are shredded and ripped out now.

Red light on the fan is also flashing fast.

What are my newbie options? Soldering is not plan A.

8D51FE09-E2D1-442F-917A-CA8C05CC222E.jpeg

Last edited:
Just replace it with a new stock fan. The red light that’s flashing has nothing to do with your fan. It’s your ESC telling you it’s detected low voltage in your lipos.

I see what happened. The diagnostic plug that normally dangles was ripped off. I think all I need to do is tape off the wires and plug it back in now. Or just buy a new fan if I can find the part number.

98C99ECE-87AF-4244-87E3-E623E16B688C.jpeg

Bought a couple of these. Thanks.

My bigger issue now appears to be the wing screws that are snapped off inside the shock tower. They appear to go through to the gearbox case. Somehow did this on both of my Notorious.
haha we ALL go through that shock tower screw bs. When It first happened to me I freaked out :ROFLMAO: If you remove everything connected to the shock tower you should be able to get the screws out pretty easily. Sometimes it will just slide right off with a little force.

They are NOT threaded through the shock tower. It's a simple hole. You have to remove the tower to be able to grip on the remnants of the broken screw.
Welcome to one of the first steps in maintaining your rig.

Yeah, watched a video in another thread and got it disassembled. It’s not threaded, but definitely bent. Glad I ordered replacements. Just got a ramp and went a little nuts.

Disassembled. Waiting for parts. Last question for the night. Does anyone know what this little metal ring/sleeve is for? I only have one sitting here and I’m starting to question if it came off the car.

AD12A120-8C85-45DA-A071-8CE3E16EDFA9.jpeg

77010135-3C52-4163-BE10-B11CCA929C87.jpeg

It’s a bushing and it looks like the missing one is still inside that plastic part on the right…..but hard to tell for sure.

Thanks- those are just the plastic things on the top of the shocks. This bushing is steel and doesn’t fit in any of the plastic pieces I’ve disassembled. There is only one of them.

ADDED:
Figured it out. It goes behind the pinion gear.

Arrma Crush Tube 5x7x5mm
ARA311026

50D8F0CD-1F94-48BD-AEB4-4F2B5C893935.jpeg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back