Granite Shredded Planetary Gears

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aneft

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 6s
Hello all. I’m having problems with shredding the planetary gears and out drives in my rear diff. I replaced them the first time and the new set broke almost immediately. I’m running 3s on a Castle 1415/2400kv motor. Is too much torque an issue here or maybe too tight on the slipper?‍♂️??? Any and all insights appreciated!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 100
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 74
I don’t know! I was hoping someone would step in and say this happened to me and this was why and this is how I fixed it...lol.
I snapped on outdrive once but never stripped one. I’m amazed.

Are there upgrades for these with hardened steel or something?

when your replaced the gears the first time was the bearing present that resides between the two shafts?

Yes and it was, and still is in good repair after shredding the second set.

ok, if the bearing was present and in good shape then something is wrong in the cup or cap, not retaining a pin properly.. also what wieght fluid was used when you assembled it? im still leaning toward the cup or cap being an issue..

no binding of any sort in the shafts or hub assemblies?

That’s really weird you should definitely be popping driveshafts before shredding those gears. Try buying a new assembled diff from Jenny’s rc. That’s a pretty big motor what size lipos are you running and how fast is it? My granite is geared down one tooth from stock on 3s and it will do standing backflips on concrete and I don’t break it very often.

Currently I’m running 3s 5000mah 50c batteries. The motor is awesome. Runs 3s like a beast and cool as ice with 20t pinion. Going to put it in a custom build I’m working on to run 4s. I bought a new assembly from Jenny’s the first time but I just stole the gears I needed and put it in the original setup. Another is on the way and I’ll swap the whole assembly. I’ve also popped some driveshafts...Relatively new to this but researching and learning a lot to get it dialed in. Unfortunately the truck had been spending a lot of downtime on the bench waiting for parts?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back