Outcast shredded teeth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babolimp

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
this is the most common breakage i have. i either lose a tooth or the metal becomes damaged. I have gone through 3 of each and they're expensive.

what do you guys recommend to solve this issue? shims? less agro driving? :p

I have the same problem and yeah shimming helped. I also noticed that my diff cover kept loosening and that made the problem worse for sure. I have two HR aluminum diffs ready to install thou. So hopefully that will permanently fix it. ?

I have the same problem and yeah shimming helped. I also noticed that my diff cover kept loosening and that made the problem worse for sure. I have two HR aluminum diffs ready to install thou. So hopefully that will permanently fix it. ?
thanks for the reply. just so i'm clear, are you shimming between the bearing and the main diff gear?

Correct I run/ran two shims on the bearing.

Kyosho 96772 Shims 13X16X0.15mm KYO96772

If any of the 4 bolt holes that hold the diff cover on are stripped in the slightest, replace the housing. I fought this problem a couple times and each time it ended up being the housing. Now when I rebuild diffs for cleaning and maintenance I go ahead and replace the diff housing while I've got everything apart. Cheap $20 insurance and it's paid off so far.

I’m beating the crap out of my Typhon with M2c chassis, HR everything and the heaviest batteries that will fit without any diff failures. My car is heavy compared to stock. Major crashes and hard drifting WOT madness. Go HR diff cups and shim them. The plastic ones deform. I shim the center diff bearings till it’s stiff and then remove one. Tight fit not to tight. Hell, I shim wheel bearings. Less play is better.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back