Kraton Shutting off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ky2

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
First day taking my rig out it ran for 30 second tops then shut off or i should say stop moving cause the steering still works... when turned off and back on it runs again for 15 to 30 second the stops... need help.. its too early in the game for this... smfh

First day taking my rig out it ran for 30 second tops then shut off or i should say stop moving cause the steering still works... when turned off and back on it runs again for 15 to 30 second the stops... need help.. its too early in the game for this... smfh
I don't mean to sound like a smartass, but is the battery charged and what are the specs of the battery?

Haha funny man... yes they are fully charged.. venom 5000 50c

2. 3s pack venom 5000 50c
Ok. I just wanted to make sure. Since it kind of sounds like the batteries are low and they are hitting low voltage cutoff under throttle. Another easy to check thing. Do you have a cell voltage checker? If so, is the voltage of each cell above 3.2 volts?

@Ky2

You can try all the things mentioned above, any one may work as they are logical fixes. Also rebinding. If that all fails a new rx is cheap enough.

I think you might have been on a thread that I mentioned my Losi xxl2 did the same thing and broke in half. I believe its interference that I haven't been able to eliminate.

Good luck

Ok. I just wanted to make sure. Since it kind of sounds like the batteries are low and they are hitting low voltage cutoff under throttle. Another easy to check thing. Do you have a cell voltage checker? If so, is the voltage of each cell above 3.2 volts?
I have to get one my charger doesn't have that feature...

I am not as experienced as most of you, so this is a question not a statement.

Shouldn't the low voltage cut off do just that, cut it off. Not send the truck rocketing out of control? That's how mine have worked in my limited experience.

My mistake. The car stopped. I thought it was the kraton runs away thread. Sorry

Was your ESC flashing any specific way when the truck stopped?
When it stopped, no flashing.... but I don't remember it blinkin about 10x and ESC made noise along with it... not a beeping sound more of a knocking/vibration

Dammitttt
it might not be. try calling hobbico and explain to them whats going on. they will take you through step-by-step to trouble shoot your esc. if it is fried/broken, you will have to send it in and they will replace it for free.

it might not be. try calling hobbico and explain to them whats going on. they will take you through step-by-step to trouble shoot your esc. if it is fried/broken, you will have to send it in and they will replace it for free.
It just sucks cause, I didn't have it for but a couple hours getting maybe 1 minute of drive time... think I'm gonna pull out my slash...

Don't laugh but how...

To reset the ESC to factory default settings connect a battery, turn the transmitter on and then turn the car on. Press and hold the set button for 4 seconds and release. The Red and Green lights will flash simultaneously to show you have reset. Switch the ESC off and factory reset is complete

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back