Big Rock Side<>Side wheel wobble

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CraigVMN

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
New BRCC from day one has this wheel wobble. I removed the drive shafts and checked to ensure the bearings were seated correctly, but it's still there. Both front wheels, the rear's track true. Any suggestions? Would an aluminum bearing hub be better?

If that's the only wheel that has a wobble, try it on a different corner. If it still wobbles then the tyres probably just glued on a bit wonky. Ultimately, if the car drives ok and everything moves freely, I wouldn't worry too much.

Yeah, I had the same issue out the box with my BRCC. Turned out just to be a "wonky" wheel. It doesn't seem to affect the rig. Been running 4 months now.

Well bad on me for not even considering the process of elimination. Swapped wheels front-rear and it appears I am dealing with the dreaded "slop" :eek:

Lots of play on the front with all the linkage & steering components. I do have aluminum pivot balls on order, but now I'm wondering about the hub/bearing carrier and the semi-circular bit that holds it in place - should I go aluminum?

"Remember, it's just a 4x4 basher truck not a 200mph speed run car." True, but I would like to put street wheels/tires on it and drive it on pavement.

Mine has similar wobble and only 3 weeks old. I ordered the hot racing pivot balls to help. Looking forward to them arriving.

After playing too much in the water :oops: I did a complete tear down. The BRCC is now wearing aluminum pivot balls all around and RPM A-Arms. One axel looked a bit off, but I think what I'm mostly dealing with is a bad marriage between the plastic wheels & the rubber tires. As someone else pointed out, not too bad for bashing, but I would like to get a set of street tires for pavement driving eventually.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back