Infraction Sideskirts any good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bladefan

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
Was wondering what you guys thought of them. I’ve got aluminum ones I haven’t installed so I was Going to give it a go. Are they really for aero dynamics’s? Do they add any protection or cause more problems?
Thanks!

I used Scorched CF side skirts before going full GT but I felt that it helped keep a little bit of crud out of the car. As for aero, I don't know if they make any appreciable difference. They give you something to tape the sides of the body to and some additional real estate on the inside. No problems to report of.

Was wondering what you guys thought of them. I’ve got aluminum ones I haven’t installed so I was Going to give it a go. Are they really for aero dynamics’s? Do they add any protection or cause more problems?
Thanks!

Those are great questions.
If you're able to reduce the air turbulence from going around and up into the sides of the body, it can only help you. At least reduce the chance of your car from doing amateur gymnastics ,when you pick up in higher Speeds.

And if you're just bashing about, then it should offer some "bump" protection..
Will it itself survive the impact..? Depends of the severity of the impact ,right?? Could be just some curb rash or total taco.
But at least your rig will survive.

So it just depends on your driving skills and the environment it's in...

I'm working on something that should answer the first (and maybe second) question(s)..
I need a little bit more time. ;)

I appreciate the responses! Keeping a little bit crud out is certainly a nice thing. I’m also side smacking kind of hard (on to curbs). So I guess we’ll see how they hold up. I’m not going head on too much so that’s nice. But I’ve destroyed a lot of choon wheels.

I appreciate the responses! Keeping a little bit crud out is certainly a nice thing. I’m also side smacking kind of hard (on to curbs). So I guess we’ll see how they hold up. I’m not going head on too much so that’s nice. But I’ve destroyed a lot of choon wheels.
I’d suggest the scorched inner fenders as well, since I added them I get virtually zero crud, as to the side skirts I have aluminium scokum ones but installed them before the wheels touched tarmac, so can’t say, but most fast cars 1/1, have as flat as possible body plates, and I guess they have done the math.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back