Senton Sidewinder SV4 and 4600KV in Senton 4X4 Mega

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ManhattanRC

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
Hi All,

I'm new to the Arrma brand as I've spent the last few years building Tamiyas. I recently purchased a Senton Mega and wanted to put in a Sidewinder SV4 and 4600KV Castle that I have laying around. I noticed that SC 4x4s are recommended to use the SCT ESC, but this truck is light, and I am running the stock gearing, so would I really be putting too much stress on the ESC?

I would be running a 2S to start, and moving up to 3S after I replace the spur Gear with a metal one.

Last edited:
Try it out and see. That’s the fun of this whole hobby. But from my experience with that motor in a traxxas rustler 2wd, 3S is only good for a speed run or two. It’s a lot happier with 2S.
4wd will add more resistance and cause even more heat so watch your temps and play with gearing.
Good luck and have fun!

Thanks. I thought the 3s run times might be a bit limited. I bought one of those point and shoot thermometers to measure temps after the speed runs too.

Just a quick update. I've run a few 3S packs with the SW 4, and the ESC does not even get hot to the touch. Motor can get a bit hot on lengthy speed runs, but nothing crazy. Also on stock gearing on 3S I'm hitting about 42MPH. More than enough for central park and the NYC green spaces.

So after a bit more expirementing, and removing the tourqe limiter, I shredded the spur after about 5 minutes. At 50 % tourqe limit, no issues, but no wheelies. At 0% tourqe limit plenty of wheelies, but spur life expectancy is about 5 minutes.

I'm guessing 25% is the sweet spot.?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back