Limitless Signal booster install on the FlySky Noble NB4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
do you have any gluelined 3/1 heatshrink? that stuff goes super hard like a straw strength, whilst still remaining somewhat flexible, a couple of layers if one isn't strong enough...
I took a measurement and the widest part is 5.2mm
Ordered some 6mm ID by 8mm OD rigid acrylic tube and going to give that a shot.

I ordered a set of 1500mm antena's thinking it could be long enough to put the antenna's at the rear not having to pierce the body
Or connect it direct to the radio

1648741056948.png

Here is a question before I can do the second test.
I want the antenna up through the body. That is a little challenging with the +3dbi design antenna on the RX.

Borrowed pic from @LicketySplit
View attachment 209486

Trying to come up with some ideas on how this could be held in place for one given its weight, and also size of it to stand vertical above the body.

I was thinking of larger straws like for kids cups or maybe using something like this image below? I have plenty of infant pain reliver ;)

View attachment 209488
You can do one of two things. I bought longer antennas. Posted a link in this thread. I think. Not sure now. Lol. That end piece just pulls right off. That’s what I did and got 1694ft of range. Or buy really long one’s and cut the shielding to expose (31 or 33mm) of the coax. Then you can make it the length you want.

You can do one of two things. I bought longer antennas. Posted a link in this thread. I think. Not sure now. Lol. That end piece just pulls right off. That’s what I did and got 1694ft of range. Or buy really long one’s and cut the shielding to expose (31 or 33mm) of the coax. Then you can make it the length you want.
So this:
1648743521621.png

Became this by just pulling on it firmly?

1648743548838.png

I assumed that heavy metal tube served some sort of purpose?

Maybe. But I can’t figure out what. Some sort of protection is my best guess. It clamps on to the shielding and not the coax so that’s why I assume it’s just for protection.
To confirm that is what you did? You just pulled it off and got the 1600+ft range?
If so that would be great as I don't want my antenna above the body being so fat.

To confirm that is what you did you just pulled it off and got the 1600+ft range?
If so that would be great as I don't want my antenna above the body being so fat.
Yup. That’s exactly what I did. Pic from my avatar. I staggered the height of each antenna also
EC381441-AE47-4BBB-ACF8-4CCF76C7A751.jpeg

Yup. That’s exactly what I did. Pic from my avatar. I staggered the height of each antenna also

Thanks! Just wanted to make double sure before tearing up 2 perfectly good antennas.

Here is a question before I can do the second test.
I want the antenna up through the body. That is a little challenging with the +3dbi design antenna on the RX.

Borrowed pic from @LicketySplit
View attachment 209486

Trying to come up with some ideas on how this could be held in place for one given its weight, and also size of it to stand vertical above the body.

I was thinking of larger straws like for kids cups or maybe using something like this image below? I have plenty of infant pain reliver ;)

View attachment 209488
I thought he somehow took that off. I was wondering the same thing . I haven't tried adding my longer antennas yet . Partly because of what ever that copper piece is. What does it do. I might just cut that part off and restrip the outer jacket and shielding to the correct length for 2.4g.
Yup. That’s exactly what I did. Pic from my avatar. I staggered the height of each antenna also View attachment 209507
So that solder at the top of the copper isn't doing anything?

I thought he somehow took that off. I was wondering the same thing . I haven't tried adding my longer antennas yet . Partly because of what ever that copper piece is. What does it do. I might just cut that part off and restrip the outer jacket and shielding to the correct length for 2.4g.
That'll do the same thing. Maybe better but I just ripped it off and called it day. My test was good so I left it as is. I got to thinking about it some more and the only other thing I could come up with is that the metal thing is some sort of counter poise. Commonly used in ham radio. Since these antennas are used in aircraft this makes even more sense to me. Basically they are trying to create a ground plane for the RF but since we are surface running that is a moot addition, IMO. Hence the reason they are working so well when I just pulled them off.

Follow up to my 2 600mm antenna install.
Tested at 1700 ft. I believe the car was still in range but I couldn't see it anymore (y)

Awesome. About identical to my results except I think I used 300 or 400mm. Can’t remember. Lol. I couldn’t see it at all so buddy just parked his police car behind it and threw his lights on until I could get down there to pull the gps data. I think I still had control but the latency was easily 3-4 seconds at that distance.

Awesome. About identical to my results except I think I used 300 or 400mm. Can’t remember. Lol. I couldn’t see it at all so buddy just parked his police car behind it and threw his lights on until I could get down there to pull the gps data. I think I still had control but the latency was easily 3-4 seconds at that distance.

I don't have my antennas very high. I am sure it would perform a little better with them higher, but this is plenty of range given that I cannot see the car!
Absolutely thrilled that I can run this range without a signal booster. Thanks to @LicketySplit @jondilly1974 and @rotauq for helping figure out these setups that work well!

Latency at long range is inevidable.

Lately, I was playing with a signal booster on my air radio. I could fly much further and at places with high interferance. But whats the use if the latency makes flying imposible.
With speedrunning you just want to make sure it brakes

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back