Limitless Signal booster install on the FlySky Noble NB4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Follow up to my 2 600mm antenna install.
Tested at 1700 ft. I believe the car was still in range but I couldn't see it anymore (y)

Great seeing this.. I have my own FGR4 receiver with one Flysky long antenna and the stock antenna installed, and both Noble NB4 and the receiver firmware updated. I tested it out yesterday on a 1200ft road and it did the whole length with no lost signal notifications. In the next few days I'll take it to a longer road, around 2,000ft and do a one way run and see what I get. I also plan to run the radiolink V2 that comes with the dual antenna receiver, The RC7 I think its called, and see how that compares. 1200ft of range one way is enough for me really, I don't need more but I would feel better knowing I could go as far as 1400 or 1500ft

No, I looked around on the radio and never could find where that is setup.
It’s in the sensor menu. Then click, “choose sensors”. Then click, “signal strength”. My low RSSI alarm is off. My low signal is 25. I’ll probably turn it down more.

Follow up to my 2 600mm antenna install.
Tested at 1700 ft. I believe the car was still in range but I couldn't see it anymore (y)

Excellent video ! Guess i won't be needing the booster I bought last year . Glad I didn't open up my NB4 to add the booster.

I’ll try to do another range test this weekend also on my new road. It’s in the middle of the Everglades so there should be no outside RF interference. I’m also gonna bring my spotting scope. 120x magnification should help me see it further. Now that we’ve gone this far I’m really curious when it absolutely cuts out.

I’ll try to do another range test this weekend also on my new road. It’s in the middle of the Everglades so there should be no outside RF interference. I’m also gonna bring my spotting scope. 120x magnification should help me see it further. Now that we’ve gone this far I’m really curious when it absolutely cuts out.
I am curious too.
I feel like mine may have cut out reception, but i'm not 100% sure. Either way there is plenty of range...
James McCoy is running 180+ mph runs on 2000 ft

So now that I potentially messed up my stock antenna when installing my booster, I’m wondering what my options are for removing the booster? I would like to not have external antennas if possible. I might send Flysky an email and see if they will sell me a replacement internal antenna.

So now that I potentially messed up my stock antenna when installing my booster, I’m wondering what my options are for removing the booster? I would like to not have external antennas if possible. I might send Flysky an email and see if they will sell me a replacement internal antenna.
Buy another NB4, remove antenna, and send the rest to me for scientific testing. :p

I am curious too.
I feel like mine may have cut out reception, but i'm not 100% sure. Either way there is plenty of range...
James McCoy is running 180+ mph runs on 2000 ft
Well it didn't go so well. Crashed before I did the official range test. For some reason I "seemed" to be losing signal around 1200-1300ft. I can't verify this. The only thing that was different was I was using rare earth magnets to keep the sides of the body from flapping. Magnets won't interfere with RF directly, which is why I tried that. RF emits photons and magnets work off of electrons, so RF doesn't have charged particles like a magnet. Now where I think I went wrong is one of the magnets was maybe 2" away from an antenna. An antenna can definitely have charged particles. I ripped the magnets off when I got home and will just use tape like most everyone else. Ordered some Gone Bananas, CF endplates for the wing, and a couple other small parts to get her back on the road. Thankfully the body is still usuable, albeit with a little road rash.

Has anyone tried out using one way vs 2 way? I don’t run sensors and there’s nothing I need on the screen. I would think range might be better but not sure. Wondering if one way uses less bandwidth.
I thought I read somewhere that you had tried that @LibertyMKiii?

Last edited:
Yesterday I got out to a road that's almost 1500ft long to do a range test, with both my Noble NB4 with FGR4 receiver plus second added antenna, and also my Radiolink RC6 with the dual antenna R7 receiver. Both did the full distance easily with no control issues. I drove the cars one at a time out in a straight line till the end of the road about 1500 ft away, then turned and came back. I could barely see them that far away, the heat coming off the road made it tough to see anything. The distances on the screenshots are combined going and coming, so its about 1450 ft traveled per receiver with no control interference. Also this was on a residential block with houses so no doubt there were other wifi and such signals around, but didnt seem to cause any issues. I know I wont be starting a speedrun from almost 1500 ft away, but I might use a good portion of that distance to stop so its good to know I have it if needed.. Now that the range test is done I can get these in the speedrun cars

unnamed (3).jpg

unnamed (2).jpg

Yesterday I got out to a road that's almost 1500ft long to do a range test, with both my Noble NB4 with FGR4 receiver plus second added antenna, and also my Radiolink RC6 with the dual antenna R7 receiver. Both did the full distance easily with no control issues. I drove the cars one at a time out in a straight line till the end of the road about 1500 ft away, then turned and came back. I could barely see them that far away, the heat coming off the road made it tough to see anything. The distances on the screenshots are combined going and coming. I know I wont be starting a speedrun from almost 1500 ft away, but I might use a good portion of that distance to stop so its good to know I have it if needed

View attachment 213922

View attachment 213923
No booster? Also, did you get the “signal lost” warning but kept going? If so about how far did you keep going? Just trying to get everyone’s input on that signal lost thing so I can figure something out.

No booster? Also, did you get the “signal lost” warning but kept going? If so about how far did you keep going? Just trying to get everyone’s input on that signal lost thing so I can figure something out.
No booster installed, only added the second antenna on the FGR4, and both the transmitter and receiver updated. Towards the end of the road the Noble NB4 did give me the out of range message, but I kept going and it kept responding, I still had full control. The first time I heard that message it made me nervous

No booster installed, only added the second antenna on the FGR4, and both the transmitter and receiver updated. Towards the end of the road the Noble NB4 did give me the out of range message, but I kept going and it kept responding, I still had full control
Ok thanks. That seems to be the consensus with everyone. The only reason the Tx is saying that is because it’s receiving what the Rx is outputting. I’m contemplating re-binding in one-way mode. SUPPOSEDLY the latency goes down, but that’s gonna be a hard test since as you know, it’s damn hard to see at those distances.

Yes, yesterday when the cars were at the farthest and about to turn to head back, I tried to discern a difference in response time between the two radios but I could barely see the cars moving at that distance, so I couldn't really feel any difference.. Though as said by others I'm sure the Noble NB4 would be better than the radiolink, and it should be at its price. Its such a great radio, my favorite system hands down

Well I got bored and I already had the stuff so I said F it and went for the install. Since it was apart I installed 2 SMA’s in both ports since @rotauq said both of his work. Install was a success. The original antenna port puts out a signal. The second port does NOT transmit on mine. Since I had 2 SMA’s I plugged in the booster to both. Just to be clear the green light lit up on original port when TX was powered up. Second port no green light. Running the newest firmware.
image.jpg

Took a break before wrapping it up. Is all this needed? Probably not. But I’d rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Plus I was planning on heading out to my road tomorrow but we have a 70% chance of T storms. It really wasn’t hard at all in case anyone else wants to do this.
BECDF164-A278-4156-AD52-A859C1CB4A2A.jpeg
image.jpg

image.jpg

Pics are out of order. Middle pic is only antenna. No booster or battery.

Well I got bored and I already had the stuff so I said F it and went for the install. Since it was apart I installed 2 SMA’s in both ports since @rotauq said both of his work. Install was a success. The original antenna port puts out a signal. The second port does NOT transmit on mine. Since I had 2 SMA’s I plugged in the booster to both. Just to be clear the green light lit up on original port when TX was powered up. Second port no green light. Running the newest firmware.
You are not the first to find the second port not working. It does raise some selfdoubt here, so i tried you're method of the booster transmittion light.
Double confirmed, both left and right sma working on mine.
1651312487952.png
1651312353534.png

It cant be a firmware thingy, it must be the hardware. Mine says 1.2 and i got it really quick after it's release.

What's your hardware version @LicketySplit ?

You are not the first to find the second port not working. It does raise some selfdoubt here, so i tried you're method of the booster transmittion light.
Double confirmed, both left and right sma working on mine.
View attachment 214739View attachment 214737

It cant be a firmware thingy, it must be the hardware. Mine says 1.2 and i got it really quick after it's release.

What's your hardware version @LicketySplit ?
Newest version. Same as you. 2.0.100.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back