Silicone Dry Lube

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rottster

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton EXB
This stuff is the bomb, nuff' said. It was mentioned to me by a fellow aircraft mechanic/machinist in regards to my OTF knife. The scales (handle) are aluminum but the blade is D2 tool steel. Wet type lubes gather crap and just slow it down after a month or two so asked him about using a dry graphite type lube. To much simplify a very complex conversation, graphite will induce electrolysis between dissimilar metals causing corrosion, dry silicon is an insulator.

IMG_5465.JPG

This stuff is the bomb, nuff' said. It was mentioned to me by a fellow aircraft mechanic/machinist in regards to my OTF knife. The scales (handle) are aluminum but the blade is D2 tool steel. Wet type lubes gather crap and just slow it down after a month or two so asked him about using a dry graphite type lube. To much simplify a very complex conversation, graphite will induce electrolysis between dissimilar metals causing corrosion, dry silicon is an insulator.

View attachment 248904
Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office
you should be fine. safety last!

View attachment 248904
Yeah I love the stuff. I use it on my cars and also my little switchblade and butterfly knife. Door hinges, keyholes, wasps…

Thank you Sir, I was pretty much born with an axe in my hand. She was born with an amazing work ethic and melted my heart with a wink of her eye.
I can see where that would be useful :)

And women always complain about how hard they have it...lol ;)

Fortunately, one handed knife's (knives?) are legal in my state. Mostly due to a lot of extreme rock climbers, parachutist's, etc. :)
Same in Texas. Hell, can legally carry a sword here as well as open carry your gun. I have a palm size American standard switchblade, it is my daily go to knife. Had about eight years now. American standard makes some incredible knifes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back