Silicone(shoegoo)/drywall tape vs gorilla tape for body reinforcement.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armarookie43

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Outcast 8s
  7. Typhon 6s
I have always used gorilla tape to fix and make the bodies on my rigs stronger. Tried the silicone(or shoe goo)/drywall tape thing and I feel that the gorilla tape worked better. Thoughts?

I have always used gorilla tape to fix and make the bodies on my rigs stronger. Tried the silicone(or shoe goo)/drywall tape thing and I feel that the gorilla tape worked better. Thoughts?
The tape is better for flat areas like doors, roof, hood and bed. The goo is better for things like molded in roll bars or headlight buckets. for that, I just use the goo though. no drywall tape.
I also try and not go too heavy. at a certain point it's a trade off of electronics life for body life.

The tape is better for flat areas like doors, roof, hood and bed. The goo is better for things like molded in roll bars or headlight buckets. for that, I just use the goo though. no drywall tape.
I also try and not go too heavy. at a certain point it's a trade off of electronics life for body life.
True. So if you reinforce the body too much or get too strong of a body, then something elsewhere breaks like electronics or suspension arms, etc.

True. So if you reinforce the body too much or get too strong of a body, then something elsewhere breaks like electronics or suspension arms, etc.

To top heavy makes it roll too much. I only reinforce areas needed. Not the whole body.

Personally next time for me will be gotilla tape clear because man shoe goe is strong but mybe a bit too strong because it pulled the paint out inside a few spots on my kraton 4s and after a few runs the shoe goe becomes dirty and you cant really clean it to shiny.

Drywall and shoe goo is definitely stronger than gorilla tape. No reason to go light, I go double layer with triple layer in the weak spots.
The stronger body never causes breaks in anything else. Drywall and shoe goo kept my Granite body going for months. It still eventually developed cracks (15 foot high roof landings will do that), so I started using heated Gorilla tape to quickly patch up tears. The Gorilla tape patches tore quickly and had to be replaced constantly. Then I took the time to use drywall/shoe goo patches and they were so much stronger.

It will make the car more top heavy but so will Gorilla tape. It did pull away paint on a custom-painted body, but it did not pull off paint from the stock Arrma body.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back