Simple question about Max6 paired with HS4092

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Congo1986

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I’ve ordered both of these, but I realized that the 3 large wires that end on the motor have connectors on them, and the Max6 wires end in exposed wire. Should I just clip the connectors off the end of the motor wires and solder the esc and motor wires together?

Also, I’ve heard motor wires sometimes cannot be cut on some motors, because of motor timing, or something similar, but some motors you can cut the wires? Can the hobbystar 4092 wires be cut to fit, or cut the connectors?

I’m trying to find out if I need to go back and order some connectors for the ESC wires. Even if I do, I’m not sure what size of connector the motor has. Any advice you guys? Thanks in advance!!

Hey @Congo1986 pretty sure the esc and motor are the same connector type. If they are going in an Arrma you may need to extend the wires a bit. The chassis will flex causing tight wires to come unplugged. The esc mounts in front of the motor. Buy some connectors, wire and shrink pipe.
https://www.rcjuice.com/hobbystar-bullet-connectors-6-5mm-gold-5-sets.html

Thanks for the response! Hey, if they will already fit, I shouldn’t need to order more I wouldn’t think... just unsolder, add wire, and resolder pins. Nowhere that I could find lists the connectors sizes, and I just want to make sure I have everything to do this right

The wire extensions aren’t necessary and the esc has plugs soldered in yo the motherboard it plug and play on that end if you solder up some battery connectors

This is what I was hoping! Thanks man. I saw those hard connection points on the ESC, but I know that hobbywing and hobbystar are two different companies, so there is no way to know for sure if they use the same esc/motor connector. I feel better about waiting for this combo to come in now!

The wire extensions aren’t necessary
I disagree...
72228EB8-1240-4493-A173-EFC00057AD08.jpeg

See my pic, @Jimbobjr i agree with you and disagree ?
On mine I just cut the protective plug covers off, that gave more than enough wire..??
Go have a look at my Kraton build thread for better pics and description.. I’m at work now so here’s a bad pic for now...?

F1021F07-BBA1-4B77-A93C-6133DDCD3214.jpeg

Perhaps some just come out a little shorter from the factory. If it’s tight fit any flex will stress the connection and give you problems. Coming unplugged or rocking the esc plugs back and forth until they are broken. If yours comes out short just buy the 6.5mm connectors and some 10g wire and make a small extension, or unsolder the motor plugs and add the wire without the plug on the motor end.

Btw, motor wires can be soldered. There’s a coating on them that is nonconductive. Just strip back what you need and spread out the wires and use a razor blade to get the coating off. You will see nice light copper color when the wire is bare.

Btw, motor wires can be soldered. There’s a coating on them that is nonconductive. Just strip back what you need and spread out the wires and use a razor blade to get the coating off. You will see nice light copper color when the wire is bare.

Thanks for the tip. I can’t wait to set it up. Hope this motor/esc is a night and day difference from stock

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back