Since winter is coming, anyone into indoor mini crawlers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@SARRT8 what is the black material you're using to build your crawling course?
I believe he is using pink insulation foam that has been painted.
@Sandracer_NL Those would look awesome with the Jurassic Park paint job!

I believe he is using pink insulation foam that has been painted.
@Sandracer_NL Those would look awesome with the Jurassic Park paint job!
You are totally right, in fact the misses already asked me to look for Jurassic Park decals for her one ?. Now that I received them I know what size to look for.
And in the manual with all the parts I also saw a clear body is available. Could be a nice winter project ?
We just finished our first bit of crawling and must say I’m impressed with the angle they can take and how good they look!

Put one of those cheap ebay 10a 1220 10300kv motors into the scx24. Not sure how long it will last but it's way faster.

20201118_135542.jpg

20201118_135529.jpg

20201118_135525.jpg

OK, I had the crazy idea to get a 1/24 scale car model, and fit the body to my little Axial Deadbolt. I found a candidate, and now its just a matter of cutting and stretching to make it fit. When I get it all worked out I think it's going to be kinda cool. Have some figuring to do, hopefully thanksgiving weekend I'll get some time to work on it.

box1.jpg
test fit.jpg

I have the scx24, it's all stock:
2020-0309-Axial-SCX24-BodyOn.jpg

It's very top heavy. I think I've driven it around 3 or 4 times since March when my wife got it for me for my bday. I like jumping... these don't really jump well, especially the ones with screw gears in the diffs. Good for crawling since it holds fast when you let off the throttle, but hard on it when you try jumping much. Also, it isn't really fast enough to jump stuff anyway.

@olds97_lss Ya gotta give it some love man, haven't you seen Toy Story?! :LOL:
Got a feeling it will sit on the shelf next to my losi MSCT and never get driven... the MSCT especially won't, for some reason the DSM/esc board in it won't bind with my transmitter... lord knows I'm not spending $60+ on another just to not drive it either. lol!

When I do get a bug to run something inside, I run my micro high roller. It can jumps stuff. Thinking about putting the brushed motor back in it though as brushless made it gutless on the low end, but retardedly fast.

2019-1123-MicroHighRoller-InFrontOfTrencher3.8.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back