Sitting RCs on the Shelf

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
Newbie question...

When I self my RCs (4x4's, on-road cars ranging in scales or 1/7, 1/10, 1/28, etc.) it could be a few weeks (4-6) before I get around to running them but I will get to them....is it bad to leave them sitting on their tires?

Newbie question...

When I self my RCs (4x4's, on-road cars ranging in scales or 1/7, 1/10, 1/28, etc.) it could be a few weeks (4-6) before I get around to running them but I will get to them....is it bad to leave them sitting on their tires?
Yes. I don't leave mine on the tires even one day. I either hang them up or put them up on blocks.

The better solution is to run them everyday.... It's hard to do, but since I mostly fly and trail crawl it is a little easier to get out.

Newbie question...

As the tires get older without use they will harden so if the weight is on the tires then you'll have a flat spot.

I like to put some wd40 on the tires and if possible put something under the vehicle to take the wieght off if I'm going to leave for a long time...you can also hang them but that requires some ingenuity ;)

I've also left some without issue, jave an ECX amp that I set on it's tires but I soaked them with wd40. It takes a while for the tirs to become damaged, if its a couple of months of inuse then wd40 and weight off the tires if possible ;)

While I don't disagree .. I have had vehicles sit on their tires for years with no repercussions. Most of mine are off the ground now - but a few are still on all 4's.

While I don't disagree .. I have had vehicles sit on their tires for years with no repercussions. Most of mine are off the ground now - but a few are still on all 4's.
Like I said, I have an ecx amp that has been on it's tires for months and they seem fine as well. I think it's less of an issue these days but I can say that my senton's tires like to go flat after a month or so, it's not really an issue as thd round back out soon as I roll it so, your mileage may vary ;)

Like I said, I have an ecx amp that has been on it's tires for months and they seem fine as well. I think it's less of an issue these days but I can say that my senton's tires like to go flat after a month or so, it's not really an issue as thd round back out soon as I roll it so, your mileage may vary ;)
I have an RC10GT (circa 1996) that has spent most of its life sitting on its tires. No flat spots. It's been propped up for the last year. :) Tmaxx & Emaxx (circa 2000) that spent their time here sitting on their tires and a set of Ofna Monster Pirate tires - also no flat spots. Various Traxxas, Tamiya, Associated and X Ray cars, buggies and trucks - never saw a stand.

Last edited:
I have an RC10GT (circa 1996) that has spent most of its life sitting on its tires. No flat spots. It's been propped up for the last year. :) Tmaxx & Emaxx (circa 2000) that spent their time here sitting on their tires and a set of Ofna Monster Pirate tires - also no flat spots. Various Traxxas, Tamiya, Associated and X Ray cars, buggies and trucks - never saw a stand.
All my RCs sit on their tires without getting any noticeable flat spots, but I try to run them at least once a week.

Thx all for the replies....this help

One last question as most of talk is directed to tires and sitting. What about if you have a 1/10 drift road car with those hard plastic tires definitely no flat spots those....if we are talking bad for tires.

Or if you have any toy grade drone boxes...
IMG_20200816_171501909.jpg

Force One makes a pretty good RC truck stand LOL.

Yes, I have had flat spots on tires from cars sitting too long.

Most of my cars, I will put of a stand of some kind to keep them off the tires. My smaller cars, I have them hangng on pegs on the wall. My Outcast and some of my other MT's, I will set on edge, line them up like books on a shelf.

Rc's on edge -
20200817_075028.jpg

Hanging around...
20200817_075036.jpg

Last edited:
I've seen through this thread that a lot of people keep their rigs sitting on their tires and that's ok, but for me why take a chance of ruining them, it's just too easy to prop them up with something simple like a small box, container, or equivalent.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back