Sitting RCs on the Shelf

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen through this thread that a lot of people keep their rigs sitting on their tires and that's ok, but for me why take a chance of ruining them, it's just too easy to prop them up with something simple like a small box, container, or equivalent.
2 things -
1, often I will use dead /ripped tires as a car stand. So non-issue.
2 - the bigger issue with storing cars on the tires is they can make flat spots in a few weeks. If the pressure is on the side of the tire, it will stay round, so even if the tire takes a 'set', it will still be usable.

Wheels in the air always ....

7BEAE1AB-E1D5-4AA3-94C5-8455EF1BB20E.jpeg

I built a stand awhile ago. I've added a led light since taking the pic.
View attachment 95195
nice job. im liking this.. may do something similar, thinking about adding a shelf for the radios too, hope it doesn't look too crowded..

plans on adding the BRCC tp your collection?

Since the pic, I've fixed the Senton, purchased a Typhon 6s, put the SCT body back on the Slash, and added a LED display light. I've thought about a shelf for the controllers but it made more sense for me to put them by the charger which is located elsewhere. Its funny you mentioned the BRCC @secretninja, I've been trying to decide between that and the Talion.

Newbie question...

When I self my RCs (4x4's, on-road cars ranging in scales or 1/7, 1/10, 1/28, etc.) it could be a few weeks (4-6) before I get around to running them but I will get to them....is it bad to leave them sitting on their tires?
I sit them on old boxes and a couple of rc stands I own. There is also the springs that need to be considered. Having them compressed all the time at rest, is sure to fatigue the metal, and likely decrease the lifespan.

Is RC all you do because how you have time to build and organize? I got too many games, tv shows, movies, RC's and other things to do.

Still, does look nice ?

TRUTH! To many hobbies not enough time!
I learned early on with rc aircraft, flat spots suck when trying to take off in a straight line. Funny, first thing I did when I got my Mojave was to find a box I could set it on wheels off the ground. I love that rack system for your rigs! I feel kind of silly that I didn't think of that since I built one for my planes. DOH!!!

Last edited:
Is RC all you do because how you have time to build and organize? I got too many games, tv shows, movies, RC's and other things to do.

Still, does look nice ?

I mostly do nerf with my kids and bbq. I have the RCs in the game room so I wanted to build up rather than out so we don't have to move then when we play air hockey. I do a lot of wood working so the stand was a half day project with the boys.

20200820_200639.jpg

20200820_200726.jpg

I mostly do nerf with my kids and bbq. I have the RCs in the game room so I wanted to build up rather than out so we don't have to move then when we play air hockey. I do a lot of wood working so the stand was a half day project with the boys.

View attachment 95533

View attachment 95534
It's awesome ;)

My RC area is in the garage, little more... grungy ;)

I have my aircraft in a spare bedroom, with my other hobby stuff. My rc trucks are a new addiction so they are in there too, but don't really have a space of thier own yet. I really do like that stand quite a bit. Might have to do something similar. I do my repairs in the garage or the kitchen table when temperatures get to hot to be out there. Just don't think I could banish my rc's to the garage during the intense summer temperatures.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back