Six Gear Conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajdragon

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
Hi

Well I did the 6 gear conversion for my diff gear. I made some cross pins, not the best but they should do at least until I find something better.

IMG_1988_zps8x1btsq7.jpg

IMG_1987_zpsjsyct8ik.jpg

Hi

Well I did the 6 gear conversion for my diff gear. I made some cross pins, not the best but they should do at least until I find something better.

IMG_1988_zps8x1btsq7.jpg

IMG_1987_zpsjsyct8ik.jpg
I just recently rebuilt my diff you helped with some info. I am also building an xtra diff for my granite. What vehicle are you running. My big question is what is the difference with the xtra 2 gears make? Mine still isn't the best that's why I'm building another. Thnx!

Hi

I have to say, after I got the diff back together with the 6 gears it was a lot more smoother then it was with 4 gears. Now if I could just find some manufactured 3.5mm cross pins I would be very happy, making them my self was not fun.

Hi

Not yet, Arrma used an odd ball size pin. Everyone else is using 3mm or 4mm cross pins or a non metric size.

Yah, I've been looking on Amazon for 3.5mm diff cross pins. Just wish arrma made some, lol! :D I'll keep searching!
Thanks again.

Hi

The first one has 3mm cross pins or at least that's what the guys at the RCten.com forum say.

The second one is for the 1/8th scale HPI Savage and they are 4mm

The third one is for ether the 1/8th scale Kraton or the Typhon and it also is 4mm or 4.5mm

There are two different sets of cross pin that I am planning on ordering soon and hopefully one of the sets will be the right size.

That bites! :(
I went ahead and made my own, for now. What a difference! I did see where Integy had some that are m3.5 but, it doesn't state how long they are.
Don't they need to be 20mm long?

Hi

The ball diff is more for racing and the gear diff is for bashing. As for the SC10 plastic diff kit, I have read mixed views about it in the Arrma vehicles, some people have good luck with them and others have striped them, but there is an aluminum diff gear made by H.R. to replace the plastic gear.

Yah, I've been searching for a alternative diff that has 6 gears, incase the one I made goes out. Was wanting to build a backup transmission but, can't seem to find the arrma output gear. I would just buy the whole hpi blitz diff but, it's not 6 geared.

I did find a thunder tiger diff set

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002H...;pi=SL75_QL70&keywords=thundertiger+diff#

Looks close but, the cross pins are a little long, could always grind them down? I'm getting ready to place a order and am more confused than when I started. Lol!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back