Granite Skatepark Bash - finally got some decent damage!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vmabuck

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
So i got another skatepark session in today. I am getting a little more confident in sending this thing. I have a lot less hasty trigger pulls and pushes.

I sent that last jump a little too far and I couldn’t see what I needed to do to right it. Time for a prescription I guess.

But I finally did that wheelie bar in! That thing held up great. Too bad I can’t say that about the front bumper, what a POS part. And the body mount posts snapped clean in half. I would say they held up pretty good as well. I have taken a number of good solid dome la dongs.

Got me a load of parts to replace though! It Will all be mended by the morning,,,

Attachments

• 98FCE1AA-5C99-4D23-9888-8BD44D127CDE.jpeg
    98FCE1AA-5C99-4D23-9888-8BD44D127CDE.jpeg
    389.8 KB · Views: 91
  • F5B3CE99-D848-4237-BE39-EE3BF4AA0E6E.jpeg
    F5B3CE99-D848-4237-BE39-EE3BF4AA0E6E.jpeg
    355.9 KB · Views: 64
The steering issue is getting annoying though.

What do I need to get to upgrade that so it remains tracking straight? Every time I power this thing up I have to adjust and then multiple times during runs...

And of course the LHS gave me another part that doesn't work for this truck. Why does it seem like the body mounts for this are so hard to find. Amazon only has one listing for them from a foreign country.

Strange...

I would guess it's the servo. ?

If so I am down with buying an upgrade for sure. Everything else seems rock solid on this truck except for that. And to be honest it is not such a huge deal just kind of annoying. That being said, I understand it is taking big hits. It just seems in all of these insane bashing videos out there with this truck no one seems to mention it...

Are you suppose to re adust your hight in order to jump it on concrete?

Suppose you could. Probably won’t help the inevitable broken parts though. Once you start getting over 10 feet up I don’t think an adjustment in ride height will do much...

If you are in a skate park and the front of your truck is hitting the face of the jump, then I would raise it up. Other than that, it really doesn't matter.

If you're in a skate park and the front of your truck is hitting the skaters in the face then you're doing correctly....... LMAO, just kidding, couldn't help myself. Don't want anyone to hurt anybody, not my thing.

I just know when to go when people are not there. Early morning’ish weekdays. That and if I want to skate I don’t have to contend with the scooter kids...

I just know when to go when people are not there. Early morning’ish weekdays. That and if I want to skate I don’t have to contend with the scooter kids...
You mean you actually go to a skate park to skate? LMAO. Thought all of us here go to skate parks to bash......... Lol

You mean you actually go to a skate park to skate? LMAO. Thought all of us here go to skate parks to bash......... Lol

I get to have fun with both! At 45 I stick to carving lines, lip tricks, grinds, and rail slides for the most part nowadays. No more air for this guy. Never really was a transition skater though, pretty much all street. Been skating since 85...

I'll be 53 in a couple of months and still enjoy indoor skating and ice skating but it's hard to find someone that wants to go with me. The younger crowd sure doesn't know what to think when an old geezer shows up to skate..... Lol. Don't do stunts and crazy stuff but just getting out there and circling around sure is fun and brings back lots of memories, I've been skating since 1975, damn I'm old....... Lol

I'll be 53 in a couple of months and still enjoy indoor skating and ice skating but it's hard to find someone that wants to go with me. The younger crowd sure doesn't know what to think when an old geezer shows up to skate..... Lol. Don't do stunts and crazy stuff but just getting out there and circling around sure is fun and brings back lots of memories, I've been skating since 1975, damn I'm old....... Lol

Man, I remember the roller rink days in the 80’s. I was good at that. Full on speed runs then flip it around on a corner into the crossover backwards move. I need to go find a rink now! LOL!

Man, I remember the roller rink days in the 80’s. I was good at that. Full on speed runs then flip it around on a corner into the crossover backwards move. I need to go find a rink now! LOL!
At the roller rink, I was too busy trying to "slow skate" backwards and get some 2nd base action. We had a couple skating rinks and they were busy. Get a vagrant to buy us some beer, drink three in the woods and get after it. At 10pm, my parents would pick me up and take me home. Good ole days.
I also skated street stuff when I was 15 and tried to be a weirdo. Long hair / don't care. Two colors of socks cause I was a rebel, Rob Roskopp t-shirts and tight Indy trucks, a single or no rails on my deck cause it was cool to scratch up the graphic...grip tape was how we customized. Was important to not look like a poser even though we were all posers. lol I was best at street cause I was afraid to drop in at 10 feet with one foot of vert. rofl
Kids these days skate with very loose trucks and I'd break my ankles if I tried.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back