Texas Skatepark bash / what ramps do you avoid?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LibertyMKiii

Aerodynamics speed junkie
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Mojave
  3. Typhon 6s
I got introduced to a new Skatepark that is about 20 mins from where I live:
SkatePark at NE Community Park Frisco
2895 Honey Grove Dr, Frisco, TX 75035

It looks like a blast to drive an RC on if I can get out there before all the kids...
This got me thinking, is there some ramps you avoid? 90% of the time they result in damage?

This one looks like a bad idea, yet I want to send the Kraton on this thing so bad!!

This video below is my only Skatepark experience and it was pretty fun. The "pool" section had 8-10' sides

-Liberty

Thread type
RC Track or Bash Spot
Type of Event
  1. Bashing
Amenities
  1. Bathrooms
The only ones that are a bad idea are the ones that you don't land from. :cool: and you wont figure that out till you try. I wish I could find some of those kinds of places where I live.

I prefer to send it on the 15’ vert wall at my skate park and hope for the best ??‍♂️

Took out a shock tower on my Granite on that vert wall. I actually landed it on the attempt that broke it after many failures.

I got introduced to a new Skatepark that is about 20 mins from where I live:
SkatePark at NE Community Park Frisco
2895 Honey Grove Dr, Frisco, TX 75035

It looks like a blast to drive an RC on if I can get out there before all the kids...
This got me thinking, is there some ramps you avoid? 90% of the time they result in damage?

This one looks like a bad idea, yet I want to send the Kraton on this thing so bad!!

View attachment 43684

This video below is my only Skatepark experience and it was pretty fun. The "pool" section had 8-10' sides

-Liberty

I’ve taken my Kraton to that exact skatepark. It is 7 mins away from where I live. I’ve hit the ramp you’ve pictured. It’s pretty fun to hit. I wouldn’t recommend going in the giant bowl as you have to climb in if the car flips and getting out can be awful.

I prefer jumps that launch you out of the skate park into grass. Landing from 10+ feet flat on concrete is your best case scenario on the jumps inside. If your lucky, there will be a downward transition you land on to dissipate some of the energy into forward motion. My local skate park isn't nearly that big, but it's enough fun to run a set of packs through. If I stay much longer than that, I just get stupid, and if it had a jump like the one you pictured... that would definitely get hit at least once during my 2nd set. lol!

Is that ramp for bikes or skateboards? I honestly don't see anything going up that and coming down the way you want it to.
Skateboards and scoots if you ask me. Not BMX. Could be wrong.

I avoid the one with the arrow. It sends you straight up and usually back on concrete on your end or roof.
2021-0105-DekalbRampToAvoid.jpg

I hit the area to the right of it to launch out of the skate park though. I have accidentally clipped the other with one wheel in the past... did not end well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back