Vorteks Skatepark truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dramaward86

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Vorteks
Still new to the world of rc. (Green as they come). Jumped in a little too fast with very little knowledge. Bought a vorteks. NOT GOOD FOR SKATEAPRKS. what is a good skatepark bashing car. That is where I like to bash at. don't wanna get rid of vorteks just possibly grab another car. Thanks!

Still new to the world of rc. (Green as they come). Jumped in a little too fast with very little knowledge. Bought a vorteks. NOT GOOD FOR SKATEAPRKS. what is a good skatepark bashing car. That is where I like to bash at. don't wanna get rid of vorteks just possibly grab another car. Thanks!
Granite 😃 great for jumping.

Granite 😃 great for jumping.
I know these cars arent made to go from air to concrete but hey sometimes that's all the skatepark has to offer. Will this hold up any better to concrete. Or should I just stay the hell away from landing on unforgiving surfaces?

For this truck I wouldn't launch it off of a half or quarter pipe onto direct concrete. Maybe if you upgrade the shocks first it would be more suitable. My big rock is heavily modified and will literally handle any surface. It's a monster. I'd use this truck for tricks and sweet transitions tbh. If you want to absolutely send it, get a bigger truck. Just my opinion. You can build any truck to do anything. 😁

I have broken my front shock tower twice in a week at 2 seperate skateparks. I wasnt going too big on anything. There is just a lot of slap. What shocks would you recommend? I know we shouldn't say certain words on here. I have another lol basher that rhymes with maxxas hustler 2wd and that fiddlesticker will take a beating.

I know these cars arent made to go from air to concrete but hey sometimes that's all the skatepark has to offer. Will this hold up any better to concrete. Or should I just stay the hell away from landing on unforgiving surfaces?
It will perform better for sure, but concrete man…it’s hard you know. There are way better shock options and longer travel for the granite.

Drive like and on what you enjoy, just be prepared to fix the damage. Jennys rc great for stock parts. They are often low or no inventory but have email reminders for parts you want. When you get the reminder jump quick cause parts go fast.

This truck doesn't have a ton of options at the moment but I heard the Mojave 6s front shocks will work on the rear and the infracfion/felony front shocks will work on the front of the Vorteks. I know that the springs need to be swapped out as the springs on those 6s shocks are much stiffer than what is on the Vorteks. Definitely invest in a front and rear tower brace. And remember, you do want some slap for even distribution of the force when landing.

I have broken my front shock tower twice in a week at 2 seperate skateparks. I wasnt going too big on anything. There is just a lot of slap. What shocks would you recommend? I know we shouldn't say certain words on here. I have another lol basher that rhymes with maxxas hustler 2wd and that fiddlesticker will take a beating.
You could get some shocks off of the 6s versions
and my hustler vxl is unbreakable Thanks to rpm it’s got run over by many trucks etc weaknesses always underbashed

I use the Kraton EXB 8th scale front shocks on the rear of my Big Rock with Team Associated yellow springs. I have Mojave EXB shocks too for the front but the seller sent me two different sizes. The new set is coming today so hopefully he sent me the right set this time. Those shocks are night and day. I can drop that truck from 6ft+ unplugged and it barely slaps the ground if at all. So when I go to send it, I'm sure it will hold up really good. That's just on the rear. The front shocks are still stock atm so I get slap on the front end so I've been careful with what I'm doing.

It sounds like that has been an issue with the Vortex. GPM makes a tower brace for the other 3s models. I don't know if they will fit though. I don't know if anyone has tried that, but it seems like it would help a lot.
Front Tower Brace
Rear Tower Brace

It's fine. You will most likely get an answer about a Traxxas on here faster than you will on the Traxxas Forum.(y) There are some people who don't like the "T" word, but just ignore them. 🤷‍♂️

This truck doesn't have a ton of options at the moment but I heard the Mojave 6s front shocks will work on the rear and the infracfion/felony front shocks will work on the front of the Vorteks. I know that the springs need to be swapped out as the springs on those 6s shocks are much stiffer than what is on the Vorteks. Definitely invest in a front and rear tower brace. And remember, you do want some slap for even distribution of the force when landing.
Wait…I’d heard about the Mojave fronts but not the infraction. Cool.

It will perform better for sure, but concrete man…it’s hard you know. There are way better shock options and longer travel for the granite.

Drive like and on what you enjoy, just be prepared to fix the damage. Jennys rc great for stock parts. They are often low or no inventory but have email reminders for parts you want. When you get the reminder jump quick cause parts go fast.
Thank you

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back