Sketer 1/10 MT from Corally

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yep in stock at omgrc 489.00 (y)
Damn how ironic that I pre ordered a Rival MT8 more than TWO MONTHS ago and Korally has this available so quickly! Associated is letting me down. I'm almost contemplating switching my order to this 🤷😂

This is basically a truggified Python. Overbuilt & a bit overpriced, SCT/buggy wheelbase. But definitely looks like a performer. They should of made it wider instead of using Python arms.

https://www.corally.com/Voitures/Vo...RTR-Brushless-Power-4S-No-Battery-No-Charger/
This is basically a truggified Python. Overbuilt & a bit overpriced, SCT/buggy wheelbase. But definitely looks like a performer. They should of made it wider instead of using Python arms.
Overpriced? The damn Granite v3 is almost as much no? $369 v3 Granite vs $489 ($474.99 with 15% coupon from OMG RC) for a 4s truck, even though the Kaiju is cheaper and it's 6s capable. At least it's not $579 like the 4s Traxxas maxx v2 😂

Last edited:
I see that it has plastic shocks. Hopefully the shock shafts hold up to big jumps, so yeah, so might be on to something with your slightly over priced statement.

Damn how ironic that I pre ordered a Rival MT8 more than TWO MONTHS ago and Korally has this available so quickly! Associated is letting me down. I'm almost contemplating switching my order to this 🤷😂
If you compare everything, this has the same dimensions as the EXT, which is the plastic version of the MT8. The Corally cars are MUCH beefier than the Kaiju, on Arrma's build level. The MT8 will not even come close to this thing on build level alone. Another thing about the Corally's is that they don't need 6S. My Kronos is perfectly bashable on 4S with stock gearing, while the same system in my Kraton EXB needs 6S. My only gripe is the width. These big tire buggy wheel base trucks need a bit more width to be stable (WideMaxx). I had to deal with that on the shorter Kaiju, EXT, & Truggified Typhon. I don't mind adding hex extensions. But that's just my gripe. If you compare apples to apples, this is much more truck than both the EXT & MT8, & it rivals both in price.

As for the truck itself, I love the bracing. all the 6S trucks need this. Corally's arms are junk. I only had good luck with them after boiling/wd40. The plastic shock caps are a letdown, but I have plenty of Corally aluminum caps that will fit. Corally's shock shafts look thin as all heck, but I haven't busted one yet. If I get this thing, I'll transplant the hubs & axles from my Dementor.

If you compare everything, this has the same dimensions as the EXT, which is the plastic version of the MT8. The Corally cars are MUCH beefier than the Kaiju, on Arrma's build level. The MT8 will not even come close to this thing on build level alone. Another thing about the Corally's is that they don't need 6S. My Kronos is perfectly bashable on 4S with stock gearing, while the same system in my Kraton EXB needs 6S. My only gripe is the width. These big tire buggy wheel base trucks need a bit more width to be stable (WideMaxx). I had to deal with that on the shorter Kaiju, EXT, & Truggified Typhon. I don't mind adding hex extensions. But that's just my gripe. If you compare apples to apples, this is much more truck than both the EXT & MT8, & it rivals both in price.

As for the truck itself, I love the bracing. all the 6S trucks need this. Corally's arms are junk. I only had good luck with them after boiling/wd40. The plastic shock caps are a letdown, but I have plenty of Corally aluminum caps that will fit. Corally's shock shafts look thin as all heck, but I haven't busted one yet. If I get this thing, I'll transplant the hubs & axles from my Dementor.
I don't know bud. You can't really say that it's going to be better than the MT8 until some of us throw them around I would think. Only bashing and time will tell. Are you telling me that this thing is as big as an MT8? We'll have to see which chassis and chassis braces hold up better. The MT8 has a 4mm chassis and aluminum chassis braces. The Skeeter has plastic chassis braces no? That would be a concern for me. Well for me and my 26ft plus jumps 🤣

Width of the Skeeter : 365mm
Width of the MT8 : 411mm

Length of the Skeeter : 485-555mm
Length of the MT8 : 575mm

Skeeter wheelbase : 327mm
MT8 wheelbase : 330mm

So the MT8 is bigger in every dimension no?

Last edited:
I don't know bud. You can't really say that it's going to be better than the MT8 until some of us throw them around I would think. Only bashing and time will tell. Are you telling me that this thing is as big as an MT8? We'll have to see which chassis and chassis braces hold up better. The MT8 has a 4mm chassis and aluminum chassis braces. The Skeeter has plastic chassis braces no? That would be a concern for me. Well for me and my 26ft plus jumps 🤣

Width of the Skeeter : 365mm
Width of the MT8 : 411mm

Length of the Skeeter : 485-555mm
Length of the MT8 : 575mm

Skeeter wheelbase : 327mm
MT8 wheelbase : 330mm

So the MT8 is bigger in every dimension no?
You have to look at wheel base first. That tells you everything. It's basically the same wheel, that of a typical 1/8 buggy. Overall length means nothing: bumpers, wheelie bars & other unsprung parts. The MT8 has the Kaiju's hex to hex suspension width & shares many of it's parts. Again, the Kaiju hex to hex width is the same as most 1/8 buggies. Tires only add to that width, but that's like throwing huge 1" offset 1/8 MT tires on a Kaiju EXT - when most 1/8 MT tires are 1/2" offset. Put the MT8 tires on the Skeeter, & you'll have the same effect. I'm also not counting on the MT8 to have beefy components when the Kaiju doesn't (Especially the drivetrain which has very poor quality metal).

The Skeeter is based on the Python/Radix which are true 1/8 buggies built with the same grade parts as the Kronos. Of course, if you have a Python/Radix, 6s Typhon, or any typical true 1/8 buggy you can truggify then there's no point in getting this. Not only that, but every last truggified buggy I have can blow away the Kaiju in all areas. I also like the spring steel diff cups & outdrives on the Skeeter, something that the Kaiju can only dream of. Even if the MT8 had normal hardened steel cups instead of the Kaiju's monkey metal, it would be an incredible upgrade, let alone spring steel. Spring steel is usually used for pins & that's it. Corally's diffs are also all CNC: ring, pinion, & internals - even Arrma can't say that. I just wish the plastics were better. It would be perfect trucks if the plastics weren't so brittle. The Skeeter top chassis braces are aluminum with plastic ends just like the MT8, plus it has lower chassis braces as well, where the MT8 only has upper chassis braces.

You have to look at wheel base first. That tells you everything. It's basically the same wheel, that of a typical 1/8 buggy. Overall length means nothing: bumpers, wheelie bars & other unsprung parts. The MT8 has the Kaiju's hex to hex suspension width & shares many of it's parts. Again, the Kaiju hex to hex width is the same as most 1/8 buggies. Tires only add to that width, but that's like throwing huge 1" offset 1/8 MT tires on a Kaiju EXT - when most 1/8 MT tires are 1/2" offset. Put the MT8 tires on the Skeeter, & you'll have the same effect. I'm also not counting on the MT8 to have beefy components when the Kaiju doesn't (Especially the drivetrain which has very poor quality metal).

The Skeeter is based on the Python/Radix which are true 1/8 buggies built with the same grade parts as the Kronos. Of course, if you have a Python/Radix, 6s Typhon, or any typical true 1/8 buggy you can truggify then there's no point in getting this. Not only that, but every last truggified buggy I have can blow away the Kaiju in all areas. I also like the spring steel diff cups & outdrives on the Skeeter, something that the Kaiju can only dream of. Even if the MT8 had normal hardened steel cups instead of the Kaiju's monkey metal, it would be an incredible upgrade, let alone spring steel. Spring steel is usually used for pins & that's it. Corally's diffs are also all CNC: ring, pinion, & internals - even Arrma can't say that. I just wish the plastics were better. It would be perfect trucks if the plastics weren't so brittle. The Skeeter top chassis braces are aluminum with plastic ends just like the MT8, plus it has lower chassis braces as well, where the MT8 only has upper chassis braces.
Good points. I still like the look of the MT8 better. Hehe. So if it was up to you, which one would you get? The MT8 or the Skeeter? The name is kind of funny. Skeeter. Hehe

Good points. I still like the look of the MT8 better. Hehe. So if it was up to you, which one would you get? The MT8 or the Skeeter? The name is kind of funny. Skeeter. Hehe
I like the MT8's body much more. Corally's naming needs help, but you can always rip the stickers off. Stock bodies don't last too long with me anyway. when I heard about the EXT & MT8, I bought 2 more sets of Kaiju aluminum upgrades. It definitely needs it. The Skeeter probably won't need anything but a fan or 2. I'll probably end up with both, but the Skeeter comes first - just because Arrma should of done it to the Typhon ages ago.

It's Team Corally Sketer. Not Korally Skeeter. :)

I think the shock caps are aluminum with a plastic cover. Chassis is all new and totally different from the Python.

I'm not sure if the arms are exactly the same as the Python, need to match part numbers.
https://www.corally.com/Voitures/Vo...RTR-Brushless-Power-4S-No-Battery-No-Charger/

Overpriced? The damn Granite v3 is almost as much no? $369 v3 Granite vs $489 ($474.99 with 15% coupon from OMG RC) for a 4s truck, even though the Kaiju is cheaper and it's 6s capable. At least it's not $579 like the 4s Traxxas maxx v2 😂

I agree, the price actually seems really good. It's only $30 more than a Kaiju, and if you compare the two vehicles, they're not even in the same ballpark! The Kaiju is 6S, but really more of a 4S vehicle IMO in terms of durability and what it can handle power-wise.

I'm not sure if the arms are exactly the same as the Python, need to match part numbers.
Arm part numbers are the same. They don't have the chassis listed yet but it should be different (slimmer) to fit the MT body better. The Kaiju is only bashable after upgrades & tweaks, otherwise it's way too easy to break even on 4s, OoB.

Just for reference, the TC radix 4s and 6s do use different driveline components. The 4s uses "molded" steel just like RC, TRX..

Screenshot_20220120-085211_Samsung Internet.jpg

We have a new 1/10 MT. At least it has a center diff diff. Kind of steep in the price. 4s capable too :

https://omgrc.com/products/sketer-xp-1-10-4wd-4s-brushless-rtr-monster-truck-no-battery-or-charger
Someone posted this a while back..looks killer(in promo vid anyway). If 1/10 did it for me, I'd be interested. Unfortunately 1/10 is just to fussy in terms of terrain so not for me.
Once I got a taste of 1/8 scale, there was no turning back. They just roll over so much more obstacles more easily. TBH, I stay away from road cars/trucks for similar reasons.. I don't haul my rigs to run them. I'm lucky I have plenty of space at home, but no sizeable blacktop so, no road rigs for me😁

Last edited:
$459 with free shipping from HRP with code HR220130.. Tax free also🤘
I have ordered from them multiple times. Great service 😃
It's Team Corally Sketer. Not Korally Skeeter. :)

I think the shock caps are aluminum with a plastic cover. Chassis is all new and totally different from the Python.

I agree, the price actually seems really good. It's only $30 more than a Kaiju, and if you compare the two vehicles, they're not even in the same ballpark! The Kaiju is 6S, but really more of a 4S vehicle IMO in terms of durability and what it can handle power-wise.

Just for reference, the TC radix 4s and 6s do use different driveline components. The 4s uses "molded" steel just like RC, TRX..

View attachment 193944

Someone posted this a while back..looks killer(in promo vid anyway). If 1/10 did it for me, I'd be interested. Unfortunately 1/10 is just to fussy in terms of terrain so not for me.
Once I got a taste of 1/8 scale, there was no turning back. They just roll over so much more obstacles more easily. TBH, I stay away from road cars/trucks for similar reasons.. I don't haul my rigs to run them. I'm lucky I have plenty of space at home, but no sizeable blacktop so, no road rigs for me😁
So you don't like the 1/7 Arrma Infraction Limitless and Felony? I have the Felony and Infraction and those things are FUN

So you don't like the 1/7 Arrma Infraction Limitless and Felony? I have the Felony and Infraction and those things are FUN
Not that I don't like them, I just don't have a place to run em. Call me lazy/spoiled cuz I only bash at home, but I live in the sticks. I have 5 acres to play on😁 My bro lives in town, he has a felony but I haven't actually even seen it.

I'm lucky I have plenty of space at home, but no sizeable blacktop so, no road rigs for me😁
I have a great blacktop area to run in front of my house. It was freshly topped less than a month before we moved into the house in August of 2021.

Asher Rd.jpg

Those white marks on the shoulder are from horseshoes - there is an Amish farm at the end of the street, and their buggies come down the street fairly often.

I have a great blacktop area to run in front of my house. It was freshly topped less than a month before we moved into the house in August of 2021.

View attachment 193959

Those white marks on the shoulder are from horseshoes - there is an Amish farm at the end of the street, and their buggies come down the street fairly often.
I can def appreciate the road rigs for what they are, just too lazy to lug em somewhere to use. Looks like some prime territory ya got👍

I can def appreciate the road rigs for what they are, just too lazy to lug em somewhere to use. Looks like some prime territory ya got👍
And I have a half-acre or so backyard for off-road running. Pic doesn't show it all.

backyard 2.jpg

Back