Sketer 1/10 MT from Corally

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never run mine stock..!!
It got a motor/esc swap day one. I have a lower KV Tp motor with 20T/52T and I also experimented with the 46T spur all this is on 4s. It did get hot with the 46T so I'm going to swap stuff around for next time (y)

I think the only real issue with the Sketer is it's built around the 6s lineup and the 4s system I believe is a bit underpowered for such a heavy truck, other than that it's AWESOME..!!! 😎

I've never run mine stock..!!
It got a motor/esc swap day one. I have a lower KV Tp motor with 20T/52T and I also experimented with the 46T spur all this is on 4s. It did get hot with the 46T so I'm going to swap stuff around for next time (y)

I think the only real issue with the Sketer is it's built around the 6s lineup and the 4s system I believe is a bit underpowered for such a heavy truck, other than that it's AWESOME..!!! 😎
Really? I just tried out mine with almost everything stock on 4s except the fans on the motor with heat sink, 16t pinion, punch level at 5, brake level at 50%, and much bigger Kaiju tires. I hit 47mph on grass, which is exactly the same speed as my Maxx V2 on 4s with the Max 8 and 23/50 gearing. I was able to get wheelies and double backflips off my small angled ramps if I pushed it. The only breakage I had was a Kaiju tire ripped apart while doing a wheelie 😂. Other than that, the Sketer took the jumps and a few bad landings like a champ. No upside down landings though. It's very controllable in the air with the Kaiju tires. Video coming up. It's right neck to neck in speed, durability and performance when compared to my $1k plus Maxx V2, which is very impressive indeed after adding just a couple of things like tires, 16t pinion, and fans. And calibrating the ESC. The Sketer has my approval after just one bash. I wanted to add that my much taller 4s battery is the way to go. The stock battery straps are too big for skinnier batteries. Check it out! Video coming soon. Pictures of the battery comparison. Kaiju tires vs sketer tires, and the how the Sketer looks with Kaiju tires. The Kaiju tires don't rub against the body. They barely fit in the rear though

20220517_110105.jpg
Screenshot_20220517-010340_GNSS PA.jpg
20220517_085920.jpg
20220517_082133.jpg
20220517_082138.jpg
20220517_081937.jpg
20220517_081945.jpg
20220517_081706.jpg

Video is up. I'm impressed by the Sketer

Yeah, it's kinda strange name here in the US. It means something in Dutch I believe?
Maybe ugly?🤣🤣 No offense, I know it's a good rig, but the body,eh..
Haha no Sketer is no Dutch word. Made up name. IMO all Corally rigs aren't the nicest looking cars (BIG understatement here :ROFLMAO:), but the Sketer is more or less their best looking one (which isn't a compliment :ROFLMAO:).
Apart from tjhe body, the Kronos XTR 2022 en Sketer rock(y), setting the tone for the competition, which is good for us ;).

Haha no Sketer is no Dutch word. Made up name. IMO all Corally rigs aren't the nicest looking cars (BIG understatement here :ROFLMAO:), but the Sketer is more or less their best looking one (which isn't a compliment :ROFLMAO:).
Apart from tjhe body, the Kronos XTR 2022 en Sketer rock(y), setting the tone for the competition, which is good for us ;).
Please forgive my ignorance ..I'm 'murican!🤣🤣🍻

Like I mentioned before, the body posts are adjustable, so the body can be replaced with something nicer once it get destroyed 👍. I'm OK with the looks of the body. I'm more concerned about the durability and performance of the Sketer, which I have found to be very good after one run and some mid level jumps 🤣

Like I mentioned before, the body posts are adjustable, so the body can be replaced with something nicer once it get destroyed 👍. I'm OK with the looks of the body. I'm more concerned about the durability and performance of the Sketer, which I have found to be very good after one run and some mid level jumps 🤣
Agreed..while I don't care for the looks of the sketer, I couldn't care less about how my rigs actually look! I'm more focused on the go than the show myself 😎🍻 that's just me..

So I ordered one front lower control arm and one rear rear control arm. It's pretty cool that the arms in the left and right side are the same. I'll have them with me just in case I land badly. How many arms have you broken as sketer owners? They don't seem to break too easily.

I put this proline body on the Sketer that I was using on the Kaiju. I believe it was a body meant for the proline 1/10 truck or the Traxxas Stampede. I had to raise the body posts and trim here and there. And add new body post holes in the body. It looks nice to me.

20220521_153019.jpg
20220521_153455.jpg
20220521_153502.jpg
20220521_153508.jpg
20220521_153546.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good🤙.
I did have a horrible upside down landing, which almost split this body in half, so it's kind of too weak for such a heavy rc landing badly. Also, I bent the crap out of my rear shock tower. So whatever you do, if anyone here has a Sketer, try not to land upside down. I'll have to hammer it back into shape. It sucks because the jump was only like 10ft high. I definitely think that the Maxx is stronger in the shock tower section

20220523_103646.jpg

I did have a horrible upside down landing, which almost split this body in half, so it's kind of too weak for such a heavy rc landing badly. Also, I bent the crap out of my rear shock tower. So whatever you do, if anyone here has a Sketer, try not to land upside down. I'll have to hammer it back into shape. It sucks because the jump was only like 10ft high. I definitely think that the Maxx is stronger in the shock tower section

View attachment 219248
friday ice GIF

Here's the video where the shock tower got bent. Yeah, it's pretty weak. I didn't have much issues bending it back with my soft BFH. I could even bend it with the a pair of pliers and small locking pliers

Here's the video where the shock tower got bent. Yeah, it's pretty weak. I didn't have much issues bending it back with my soft BFH. I could even bend it with the a pair of pliers and small locking pliers

That sucks..isn't the sketer supposed to have 7075 towers already? I'm having drive line problems with my xtr. It's a '21 so doesn't have the swiss drives but man, the diff cups are wearing pretty fast after I started running 6s. So bad I switched back to 4s. Maxx is lookin good tho!!🍻

That jump didn’t look like it was a big crash; really surprised that resulted in such damage for the shock tower. The warped body was pretyy funny though, no offense🤣.

Just a general FYI, I recently put a quickrun 150 on my skeeter running stock motor and gearing but swapped to the 2.8 badlands (full size mx none belted) and ran a lighter 4000 mah 6s pack with very good results. The Badlands are a bit smaller with a little more offset then stock so helped the traction rolling and probably equaled a tooth or so lower gearing. I didn’t run it hard Enough to overheat and didn’t check, I plan on installing a good fan set up anyway, but it is an impressively effective upgrade. On 6s you get the air control you don’t on 4s and it doesn’t have the negative effect on handling I have had with other smaller cars upgrading to 6s. I’m still sorting out my max I upgraded to max 8 combo, it’s handling is totally different even with lighter packs, probably due to the high center of gravity weight increase. The skeeters pan chassis and minimal weight of esc upgrade since stock motor can be retained Has been a much more pleasing upgrade. Just wanted to share my recent experience.

That jump didn’t look like it was a big crash; really surprised that resulted in such damage for the shock tower. The warped body was pretyy funny though, no offense🤣.
No offense taken. Yeah that body is pretty weak 🤣
That sucks..isn't the sketer supposed to have 7075 towers already? I'm having drive line problems with my xtr. It's a '21 so doesn't have the swiss drives but man, the diff cups are wearing pretty fast after I started running 6s. So bad I switched back to 4s. Maxx is lookin good tho!!🍻
Nah, those towers are definitely not 7075. I started bothering M2C about them coming up with some shock towers at least. That's what I did with the Xmaxx and fast forward, now they have hop ups for the Xmaxx. Hehe. They did say at the beginning that they had too many projects, so I kept bothering Rc dude and Rich . The Maxx V2 is where I want it to be. It doesn't break anymore. Hehe

Last edited:
Back