Mojave Skid plate upgrades?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is how mine is looking these days. Only been out twice so far this year with it. I have to say, the mojave is still my favorite rig!!

20220103_061910.jpg

20220103_061901.jpg

Actually,this pic is from a couple months ago, I have since made my own mud guards from a 2 liter soda bottle..don't have any pics of that atm tho.. it's redneck as can be,but works quite well🤣🤣

Those skids look great! Maybe I´ll need to go to a friend that does all kind of things at his house and cars. He probably can cut some (hope stainless) stellplates into shape and drill the holes. (OK)
Thanks for your report! Your Mojave has got some abuse already! Probably a skin for the aluminum plate would not bring too much unless i take the Mojave only on gras :p:p

Those skids look great! Maybe I´ll need to go to a friend that does all kind of things at his house and cars. He probably can cut some (hope stainless) stellplates into shape and drill the holes. (OK)
Thanks for your report! Your Mojave has got some abuse already! Probably a skin for the aluminum plate would not bring too much unless i take the Mojave only on gras :p:p
Thanks😃 Yeah, aluminium is pretty easy to work with,and relatively cheap, so that's why I used it. I can understand why people put the chassis skins on, just not my thing. I don't really care how my rigs look, it's all about durability for me.
Oh, and cost🤣🤣

I had that GPM skid plates on my mind before buying my Mojave. I´m thinking to put a skin (here in GER I just found ones from JS-Parts) and skids before I go on rough terrain because of the impressive power of the Mojave. I rode my Kraton 8S one time in gravel and it was like sandblasting :(... Do you just screw that GPM Skids on, or do you need to cut the bumper from the original ones?

Thanks!
you can take your bumpers off and the fit right on, but I cut the skid part of my bumpers off so too retain my bumpers
you can take your bumpers off and the fit right on, but I cut the skid part of my bumpers off so too retain my bumpers

Last edited:
Did speed runs on 109/51mm zd racing tarmac tires. With just 2mm ground clearance at full shock compression, the metal skid plats and chassis protector did their job very well. Lowered stance also produced no body roll on fast turns.

View attachment 234436

View attachment 234437

View attachment 234438

View attachment 234439

View attachment 234440

View attachment 234441

View attachment 234442
Looks badazz! You've built a Hoonigan Mojave😎 What kind of speeds are ya getting out of it? Nice truck👌🍻

Did speed runs on 109/51mm zd racing tarmac tires. With just 2mm ground clearance at full shock compression, the metal skid plats and chassis protector did their job very well. Lowered stance also produced no body roll on fast turns.

View attachment 234436

View attachment 234437

View attachment 234438

View attachment 234439

View attachment 234440

View attachment 234441

View attachment 234442
As much as I'd like to pick up an Infraction or Felony, it's pics like this that make me want to get another MEXB, slam it, and make it an on road basher.

Or pick up a Limitless and put a Mojave body on it... 🤔

As much as I'd like to pick up an Infraction or Felony, it's pics like this that make me want to get another MEXB, slam it, and make it an on road basher.

Wheelbase between the limitless and Mojave are about the same, but I think the limitless would need Mojave arms to make it look good.

I wanted to get a Felony, but decided to slam the mojave first. Well, this works for me. The wide stance offers great stability and the metal upgrades I've added to the chassis made the truck heavier, keeping it planted. I'm thinking of changing the screws of the rear skid plates to titanium round caps for sparks. And I'm fabricating a rear spoiler out of 3mm carbon fiber plates, just for looks.
Now if I want to go offroad bashing, i just change the shocks (got a spare set), the tires and adjust the droop. Easy

Last edited:

Only 14-15 mm difference in wheelbase between the two but enough to make it look on the wonk! Ive used infraction/limitless stuff mounted on the mojave chassis to make a fat infraction.
_20210216_172056.JPG

Only 14-15 mm difference in wheelbase between the two but enough to make it look on the wonk! Ive used infraction/limitless stuff mounted on the mojave chassis to make a fat infraction.
View attachment 234721
I like the look more than the Infraction. Just looks more aggressive to me.

Fabricated deflectors to protect the lower suspension arms from bumps during speed runs. Used two 2mm abs sheets (for now) held together by super glue then screwed on to the skid plate. I'll make one in stronger carbon fiber.

20220809_203635.jpg

20220809_203756.jpg

20220809_204127.jpg

20220809_204235.jpg

Did you cut those skid plates? I haven´t ran my MEXB for a while but a big 8S Motor is already waiting the end of summer (sports) and start of RC -season xD
Your Mojave is crazy lowered! Wouldn´t it be better to install a windshield for aerodynamics since that plate between skid and bumper could make him fly on high speeds? (just a beginners idea).
I would like to see a short video of her ;)

Did you cut those skid plates? I haven´t ran my MEXB for a while but a big 8S Motor is already waiting the end of summer (sports) and start of RC -season xD
Your Mojave is crazy lowered! Wouldn´t it be better to install a windshield for aerodynamics since that plate between skid and bumper could make him fly on high speeds? (just a beginners idea).
I would like to see a short video of her ;)
Bought the skid plates online (lazada). It low sits at 12mm and 5mm when fully compressed. I installed a diy rear lower diffuser to protect the rear arms and hopefully to add downforce. The rig got heavier with all the add-ons so to keep the temp down went with 5 fans for max cooling. Will try to post running vid soon.

20220813_091459.jpg

20220813_091618.jpg

20220813_092038.jpg

20220813_092325.jpg

20220813_092725.jpg

DIY skid plates for the rear lower arms. Made from molded 2mm abs sheets. The rig has 5-6mm ground clearance fully compressed, thus the skid plates to protect the arms. Will do the same for the front lower arms.

20220815_091654.jpg

20220815_091749.jpg

20220815_092808.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back