Kraton Skid Plates

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandflo

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi,
I just bought my new Kraton and it's a lot of fun.
I'm thinking of some upgrades. So I see many different Skid Plates, but I don't know whats the advantage of Skid Plates.

Sorry for my english...

Hi,
I just bought my new Kraton and it's a lot of fun.
I'm thinking of some upgrades. So I see many different Skid Plates, but I don't know whats the advantage of Skid Plates.

Sorry for my english...

No need to apologize :)

The front and the rear of the chassis take a lot of abuse if you like to jump. There is a tendency to hit the front bottom on take off and it’s easy to land on the rear. The skid plates give the chassis an extra layer of protection in those areas. It’s not a bad thing to have :)

Thanks for your answer.
For the front I bought the bumper from rpm it's allready with a skid plate I think. So I need one for rear. What do you think? Alu or plastics?
Does it make sense to change the chassis braces into Aluminium to stabilize the chassis more?

Thanks for your answer.
For the front I bought the bumper from rpm it's allready with a skid plate I think. So I need one for rear. What do you think? Alu or plastics?
Does it make sense to change the chassis braces into Aluminium to stabilize the chassis more?

You are set for the front with the RPM bumper. I run that and the RPM rear skid on mine. I would get the RPM rear skid. I also run aluminum chassis braces from Hot Racing. I think they help.

If you run in grass/dirt, plastic is fine. If you run at concrete skate parks, steel or stainless will hold up longer. If your skatepark has those "wood" type jumps, then plastic is also fine.

On my outcast, I have the RPM front bumper/skid and t-bone rear wheelie bar/skid, but I put steel wear bars on them as I run at concrete skate parks that chew up plastic skids very quickly. As it is, the steel ones only last a month or two before I have to make new ones. I have the same issue on my revos.

2018-0730-Outcast-Bottom-SteelPlates.jpg

3 or 4 bash sessions later:
2018-0816-Outcast-SkidPlateWear02.jpg

They are relatively soft plate steel that I cut, countersink, then bevel the leading edge like a dull one sided knife so they don't hang up on stuff.

Unfortunately we don't have big skate parks.
But we do have a lot if beach and dunes. I will try the rpm skid plates. And I will try to get the Hot Racing Chassis braces. Not so easy in Germany.
I changed allready the servo into an savöx. And I filled the center diff with 100k.
More upgrades will come when I break the next thing.

The Skid Plates look great.
I just ordered the chassis braces from hot racing and the rear skid plate from rpm.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back