Notorious Skidplates

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taspl

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
What skid plates are you guys using on the notorious? Trying to protect the chassie a bit more, or just bit the bullet and get some Just bash it goodies?

I would definitely avoid the aluminum skids if possible if you run on concrete the RPM one looks like it would do a decent job.
Am I the only one who wishes someone made Titanium skid plates?

I use RPM front, T-Bone rear and I make my own wear plates out of 1/8" steel. My skate parks chew through skids/chassis in a matter of a single bash session. The concrete is super rough... I pity the kids that fall down there.

I bought some titanium bar stock recently that I'm going to try. Will be lighter, but hoping it will hold up at least as well as the steel does. I don't put it on every truck, but all 3 of my revos, stampede and outcast as those are what I drive the most.

On my outcast:
2018-0915-Outcast-ChassisSkidProtectors-2onFront.jpg

When I got the M2C chassis for it, I threw in one of their skids for the rear to try out. After one bash session at the skate park (2 sets of packs) it was wore down flush with the screw heads. That's when I ordered the titanium stock. Although, might be a pain to drill since all I have is a hand drill... and to cut...
2019-0907-Outcast-M2C-Chassis-Bottom.jpg

I bevel the leading edges of the ones I make so they don't snag on the edges of rocks and whatnot when bashing in other places. I finally got a digital caliper so I can properly measure how long of screws I need and I run longer than stock screws. Wife got me that for Christmas. I measure all sorts of stuff now!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back