Sky RC 3D printed case

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harriot10

Speed runner with a learner’s permit 🤣
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Felony
  3. Granite
  4. Infraction
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton 6s
  7. Kraton EXB
  8. Outcast 6s
  9. Typhon 6s
Well I’m starting to regret ordering my Sky RC gsm020 from eBay. Though I was getting a good deal, $65 plus free shipping. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Didn’t realize I would be waiting a while. It’s been over 10 days, I’m hoping to receive it tomorrow. I’m not a very patient person and it doesn’t help that USPS is slow as $hit!🤔 Anyway, I was able to print a few cases while waiting.

33645E72-3B87-4678-8746-543D18272292.jpeg

D93FCD98-399E-4588-99B5-B9C73737C6C0.jpeg

Well I’m starting to regret ordering my Sky RC gsm020 from eBay. Though I was getting a good deal, $65 plus free shipping. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Didn’t realize I would be waiting a while. It’s been over 10 days, I’m hoping to receive it tomorrow. I’m not a very patient person and it doesn’t help that USPS is slow as $hit!🤔 Anyway, I was able to print a few cases while waiting.

View attachment 161564

View attachment 161565
I would suggest using a bright colored filament to print these cases. Helps to find it when it ejects. Also I like to use a ranger band or zip tie to hold it in there.

I would suggest using a bright colored filament to print these cases. Helps to find it when it ejects. Also I like to use a ranger band or zip tie to hold it in there.
You would know about loosing them

You would know about loosing them
I need to paint every single thing I own. I just lost a pinion somewhere. The other day I lost a wheel nut at the same spot. Both are in Narnia now. I lost a GSM020 in a corn field this year too.

Just get a can of safety paint and dust the whole thing lol
I need to paint every single thing I own. I just lost a pinion somewhere. The other day I lost a wheel nut at the same spot. Both are in Narnia now. I lost a GSM020 in a corn field this year too.

That is why I bought the reflective tape. I wrap them in it now.
Yeah ... even if you can't find it just go back out at night with a flashlight and look for those deer eyes laying on the ground

Let me get the address of where you run, looking for some free parts for my next build. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 161564

View attachment 161565
Prints look good. (much cleaner than mine below)
I have been using the same one for a long time. Never lost a GPS all these years of speed running (knock on wood)

This was my design if you want to copy it. Allows for screw mounted or zip tie. Also has a much smaller opening for protection.
I didn't incorporate an opening to charge it as I just remove the top lid and charge it up, but that would be easy to do...

ImageCapture.JPG

Prints look good. (much cleaner than mine below)
I have been using the same one for a long time. Never lost a GPS all these years of speed running (knock on wood)

This was my design if you want to copy it. Allows for screw mounted or zip tie. Also has a much smaller opening for protection.
I didn't incorporate an opening to charge it as I just remove the top lid and charge it up, but that would be easy to do...

View attachment 165809
I like that design because it has the slots for zip ties. Would you be willing to share the STL file? I have no clue yet how to design prints!🤣 If you would like, you could PM me the file. I won’t share it or print for resale. Thanks

I like that design because it has the slots for zip ties. Would you be willing to share the STL file? I have no clue yet how to design prints!🤣 If you would like, you could PM me the file. I won’t share it or print for resale. Thanks
Here ya go
At one point I was selling them for $19.00 on eBay, but I have been too exhausted lately to do this more.

Attachments

• GNSS Base.zip
    14 KB · Views: 96
  • GNSS Lid.zip
    30.3 KB · Views: 91
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back