SkyRC e680 charger question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjl5590

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've recently purchased a SkyRC e680 charger, however I can't work out the charging current rates. I've read the manual twice and watched countless Youtube videos, but can't find the answer to these problems.

For example, when charging, I've got the current set to 5.2A (for my 5200mAh lipo). But when it charges it, the current never goes above 3.3-3.4A...

And when discharging, I have the discharge current set to 2A. But when it discharges it, the current always starts at 0.4A and then eventually reduces to 0.1A...

Am I doing something wrong?

Also one more thing I've noticed, the charger charging the cells above 4.20v. I will see them go up to 4.21v or 4.22v - is this not dangerous? As a precaution, I set the TVC to 4.19v, but I'm still seeing the cells go over 4.21v...

The charger knows what the end voltage should be. Yet it remains on 99% with the cells at 4.21v/4.22v for about 15 more minutes, trickle-charging at 0.3A. Why is this? Can I just end the charge manually instead? The cells end up with 4.22v.

The maximum output of the e680 is 80 Watts - so when you’re charging a 6s battery at 25 volts, the maximum current is about 3.1-3.2 amps (I = P/V = 80/25 = 3.2).

Not sure about the discharge circuitry but it may be limited due to the amount of heat the resistor can dissipate.

Watts divided by number of cells divided by volts equals amp output
80/6/4.2=3.1746 6s
80/4/4.2=4.7619 4s
80/3/4.2=6.3492 3s

Output will vary by the number of cells being charged, please correct me if Im wrong.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back