Skyrc GC401 - Gyro - Dumb Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dandolorion

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
Looking at getting a gyro for my Senton.

Silly question. Will it work out the box with the Spektrum receiver and transmitter or do I have to swap it to my Futaba transmitter and receiver? I would rather not as it's all in my race buggy (for now. I can get another receiver if needed).

Cheers!

I wasn't able to get the GC401 to work with my 7PXR which is why I wound up getting the GYC-441.

But yeah, generally speaking, transmitters and receivers from different manufacturers are not compatible amongst each other. There are some very specific exceptions to this rule such as Graupner receivers that have been made to work with Futaba transmitters.

👆

Staring Star Wars GIF by Disney+

I wasn't able to get the GC401 to work with my 7PXR which is why I wound up getting the GYC-441.

But yeah, generally speaking, transmitters and receivers from different manufacturers are not compatible amongst each other. There are some very specific exceptions to this rule such as Graupner receivers that have been made to work with Futaba transmitters.
Ah cheers. I thought that might be the case or it was some weirdness like some non hobbywing esc’s that can use the hobbywing program boxes. Im only familiar with Futaba and Sanwa.

Will give it a crack with the stock box and if no luck with pull out the futaba from my buggy and give that a try. If all fails its back to the LHS to spend MORE money 🤣🤣🤣

Unmounted the receiver.
Dremel'd the screw pillar a little so the gyro can be as centred as possible and flat.
Mounted the servo 90 degrees to what it was before so can still have access to both.

1607F05B-5A61-4AEE-BA80-55224F4B2F7B.jpeg

It is compatible with any radio. Digital servos preferred, any reviews you see about any gyros not working or acting crazy would be because tof cheap/old school analog servos.
Some gyros have a switch to change compatibility between analog & digital servos. Some switch automatically, some ONLY work with digital.
But all gyros should work with any Rc/Tx and are not Rc/Tx Make&Model proprietary.
The GC301 & Version 2 - GC401 are sold by many brands being rebadged products. So are probably the most widely used gyros in the industry. The Ch3 wireless adjustment feature is very handy. If you get one and it's not working correctly check the manual for the ch3 set up, you may be using the manual settings mode vs the wireless. Also the GC401 is both analog and digital servo compliant.
Great gyro btw, I have both the 301 & 401, and a blue one sold under the "NHX" banner.
Best budget friendly Gyro (if you have a FlySky radio) is the FlySky FS-BS3! (Not compatible with Nobel, as of now Nobel doesn't have a Gyro Receiver ....yet....but FlySky has put the actionable item in the Nobel menu and released press announcements that Nobel compatible Gyro Receivers are on the way).
The FS-BS3 is actually a receiver with a built-in gyro but has a feature you just do not find on other Gyro/Receiver All-in-Ones, a feature not even stand-alone Gyros have. That is Steering correction but ALSO Throttle Correction ! That's right, it will correct your steering but also use the throttle to help. The Throttle function does two things it acts as a traction control lowering speed when wheels slip and also works when car goes sideways.
And both throttle and steering have independent potentiometers for adjustment.
It does not have wireless Ch3 adjustment.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back