Limitless SKYRC GNSS bad readings / bugs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LibertyMKiii

Aerodynamics speed junkie
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Mojave
  3. Typhon 6s
Looking for help diagnosing my issue.

My SKYRC GNSS has always worked great and extremely accurate.
It has been sitting on the shelf for about 6 months and went to use it for the first time today. The only thing new would be that I was using it in a RC boat, and have a new phone so the app may have updated? My app is version 1.0.2. and says it is "up-to-date!"

Before I left the house I tried it out and got a reading of 13 mph just walking (like at 2.5mph pace) Thought that was odd, but was indoors and would check it out further when I run the boat.

Got the boat on the water and watching the phone it was showing accurate speeds around 2-13 mph as the boat went away from me.
Made a few speed passes then brought the boat back to check the speed of the run.

220Capture.JPG

Wow crazy, I'll clear it out and try again.

292Capture.JPG

Ok that is even worse!

Surely the data would be invalid right?

Valid Capture.JPG

I tried clearing the Cache and rebooting both the app and device.

Clear Cache Capture.JPG

Still no dice.
Tried in the car on the way home at a steady 55mph and still was reading correctly on the screen, but when you hit stop > Read it then displays the same 200+mph, which eliminates the boat/water signal issue theories I was considering.

Any other ideas I can try? I didn't find any software that could be loaded on to the device it self to re-format it.
Appreciate any help you can provide!!!

Looking for help diagnosing my issue.

My SKYRC GNSS has always worked great and extremely accurate.
It has been sitting on the shelf for about 6 months and went to use it for the first time today. The only thing new would be that I was using it in a RC boat, and have a new phone so the app may have updated? My app is version 1.0.2. and says it is "up-to-date!"

Before I left the house I tried it out and got a reading of 13 mph just walking (like at 2.5mph pace) Thought that was odd, but was indoors and would check it out further when I run the boat.

Got the boat on the water and watching the phone it was showing accurate speeds around 2-13 mph as the boat went away from me.
Made a few speed passes then brought the boat back to check the speed of the run.

View attachment 160950

Wow crazy, I'll clear it out and try again.

View attachment 160951

Ok that is even worse!

Surely the data would be invalid right?

View attachment 160952

I tried clearing the Cache and rebooting both the app and device.

View attachment 160953

Still no dice.
Tried in the car on the way home at a steady 55mph and still was reading correctly on the screen, but when you hit stop > Read it then displays the same 200+mph, which eliminates the boat/water signal issue theories I was considering.

Any other ideas I can try? I didn't find any software that could be loaded on to the device it self to re-format it.
Appreciate any help you can provide!!!
DAMN that is a fast boat 😜😜

My guess is try another phone and see if it reads the same data. After that, try to change from mph to kph and back?

DAMN that is a fast boat 😜😜

My guess is try another phone and see if it reads the same data. After that, try to change from mph to kph and back?
Tried another phone and flipped to kph tested and then back to mph. Still same issue.
I guess i have a good gps for setting world records now 🔥

On the bright side, you can now Rent out the "world record breaking" SKYRC for a very reasonable fee ;) a couple of rentals and you'll have enough for a new unit or two :D :ROFLMAO:

Have you tried running it with the power GNSS app from power hobby. I had issues with connecting awhile back with the SkyRC app so I switched to the power GNSS app and has had no issues at all. Worth a shot anyways🤷 hopefully that will work as $80 for a new one sucks!

Have you tried running it with the power GNSS app from power hobby. I had issues with connecting awhile back with the SkyRC app so I switched to the power GNSS app and has had no issues at all. Worth a shot anyways🤷 hopefully that will work as $80 for a new one sucks!
Yep I am using the Power GNSS app.
I went ahead and ordered a new one. I'll keep this on on a shelf incase SkyRC ever releases software that can re-format the software on the unit.

Last edited:
Yep I am using the Power GNSS app.
I went ahead and ordered a new one. I'll keep this on on a shelf incase SkyRC ever releases software that can re-format the software on the unit.
I would email them and see if they will let you download a firmware flasher or something.

I would email them and see if they will let you download a firmware flasher or something.
Good idea. I sent them an email with the screen shots.
It will be interesting to see what they say.

My previous one started acting up after a few crashes, giving odd results, but not showing remarkable higher speeds like yours is.
I am afraid this is hardware causing bad input, not the software. It won't hurt to flash it if it's possible but don't expect miracles

My previous one started acting up after a few crashes, giving odd results, but not showing remarkable higher speeds like yours is.
I am afraid this is hardware causing bad input, not the software. It won't hurt to flash it if it's possible but don't expect miracles
I'm on the fence if the hardware is bad... It reads the mph perfectly until you hit "Stop" and "Read" at which point it comes up with bad numbers. I tested it driving in my car and it was spot on with the speed I was going down the road just watching it live.

So not sure if this is part of the issue. I just went to open my power GNSS app and noticed it now asks if this is for the GNSS or weight analyser. Never seen this before, also noticed app font etc has changed. Wonder if they just did an update on the app and it is now causing problems as I could not even get it to connect to the GNSS. Installed the SkyRC app and seems fine, connected no problem. Going to do some shakedown passes with the Typhon in a bit so see if it goes smooth with the SkyRC app.

Things like writing the logs into the memory also requires hardware. These are not the times yet where software adjusts itself. Hardware is able to (partly) stop with what it supposed to be doing, over time
What still drives me crazy is that it went from the car to the shelf in the garage and never took a hard hit.
Electronics go bad some times, but this scenario has me puzzled...
So not sure if this is part of the issue. I just went to open my power GNSS app and noticed it now asks if this is for the GNSS or weight analyser. Never seen this before, also noticed app font etc has changed. Wonder if they just did an update on the app and it is now causing problems as I could not even get it to connect to the GNSS. Installed the SkyRC app and seems fine, connected no problem. Going to do some shakedown passes with the Typhon in a bit so see if it goes smooth with the SkyRC app.
They just recently made the corner scale system wireless so they updated the app to work with both products....

What still drives me crazy is that it went from the car to the shelf in the garage and never took a hard hit.
Electronics go bad some times, but this scenario has me puzzled...

They just recently made the corner scale system wireless so they updated the app to work with both products....
Right but again I'm wondering if that is causing some of the issue due to the change? Either way it wouldn't connect on the power GNSS app so I had to go back to the SkyRC version.
Also as I said before I had to go with power GNSS due to connection errors with SkyRC. Now with the change it will not connect to my GNSS and I've never had that issues with the power hobby version until now.

Right but again I'm wondering if that is causing some of the issue due to the change? Either way it wouldn't connect on the power GNSS app so I had to go back to the SkyRC version.
Also as I said before I had to go with power GNSS due to connection errors with SkyRC. Now with the change it will not connect to my GNSS and I've never had that issues with the power hobby version until now.
Son of a monkey's uncle!
That worked, it reads perfectly fine on the SkyRC version of the app versus the power hobby.
I have always used the power hobby with this device. So weird.

Now I can try 4s and 6s on the boat tomorrow morning!!! Woo hooooo

Thanks @Edough13 !!!!!!!!!!!

Son of a monkey's uncle!
That worked, it reads perfectly fine on the SkyRC version of the app versus the power hobby.

Heck yeah! Great news

Son of a monkey's uncle!

Sweet! Glad that worked for you! Mine worked fine with the SkyRC app also today when I was just out doing some shakedown passes with the stretched Typhon. Just still had all my old data saved so didn't keep saved records of the couple passes I made today. Deleted everything so hopefully saves data next time out.

Sweet! Glad that worked for you! Mine worked fine with the SkyRC app also today when I was just out doing some shakedown passes with the stretched Typhon. Just still had all my old data saved so didn't keep saved records of the couple passes I made today. Deleted everything so hopefully saves data next time out.
I’ll never doubt another word!! 😎😎😎

I’ll never doubt another word!! 😎😎😎
I'm by far perfect lol so don't hold me to everything I say🤣 I do usually say "don't quote me" though if I'm not totally positive about something as bad info especially in this hobby can be very costly sometimes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back