Limitless SKYRC GNSS bad readings / bugs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Opening this thread again. Last two outings with the GNSS, all records showing 0 mph. Pass comes up fine when checking, but last 10 or so logs all show 0. Anyone else had this happen and is there a fix?

It's funny to me because I had the same problem as @LibertyMKiii, but was using the skyrc app. It seemed the problem was when the bluetooth disconnected when my car got out range, as it read correctly when unit could "see" the vehicle. I downloaded the power hobby version and everything has worked "perfectly" after. I think its a software problem with interpreting the data once the app reconnects to the unit. It may also have to do with which satellites it connects to, but there's no way to test that.

A reset (pin in the tiny hole) is the only thing you can try
Did this last night so we'll see if it helps. The speeds were showing up, just not registering in the logs. I'll try to remember to screenshot going forward just in case.
It's funny to me because I had the same problem as @LibertyMKiii, but was using the skyrc app. It seemed the problem was when the bluetooth disconnected when my car got out range, as it read correctly when unit could "see" the vehicle. I downloaded the power hobby version and everything has worked "perfectly" after. I think its a software problem with interpreting the data once the app reconnects to the unit. It may also have to do with which satellites it connects to, but there's no way to test that.
I'm going to use both apps on two separate phones. I'll see if there's any difference between the two

One of mine has the issue of all log data being corrupted so I just make sure to screenshot every pass to be sure.

I just got this unit and I'm having the problem while it's brand new. Going to try the power hobby app tomorrow as originally I was using the RC gear app that sky links on their website. I just hit the reset button as well so I'm not sure if that or the new app will fix it but I'm hoping I don't have to return it.

I just got this unit and I'm having the problem while it's brand new. Going to try the power hobby app tomorrow as originally I was using the RC gear app that sky links on their website. I just hit the reset button as well so I'm not sure if that or the new app will fix it but I'm hoping I don't have to return it.
Try the power hobby app it should fix the issue hopefully.

I just tried installing the power hobby app and it was crashing on my samsung galaxy fold 3. I then tried the GNSS PA app that is also by sky and that app is working great. It's even snappier than the original app I tried and it's reading all my previous logs correctly. 300+ mph turned into 64 mph lol. Happy I found a solution! I guess people having this problem just need to try one of the 3 apps until one of them works haha.

I just tried installing the power hobby app and it was crashing on my samsung galaxy fold 3. I then tried the GNSS PA app that is also by sky and that app is working great. It's even snappier than the original app I tried and it's reading all my previous logs correctly. 300+ mph turned into 64 mph lol. Happy I found a solution! I guess people having this problem just need to try one of the 3 apps until one of them works haha.
Awesome glad you got it figured out!

Good day! I just bought the same unit and I have the same issue...reading way too high! (260+ MPH) on my K8 which I think I'm just going around 40. tried to switch the unit reading to Kph and it records correctly, switched it back to Mph and it does read 200+ mph again. This is the first time I used this unit out of the box...charged fully then installed it on my K8. I don't know what to do now. Any suggestion will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Good day! I just bought the same unit and I have the same issue...reading way too high! (260+ MPH) on my K8 which I think I'm just going around 40. tried to switch the unit reading to Kph and it records correctly, switched it back to Mph and it does read 200+ mph again. This is the first time I used this unit out of the box...charged fully then installed it on my K8. I don't know what to do now. Any suggestion will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Post #16 has the answer to the issue

Man I know I'm late to the party but after reading this thread, I have to know...
WHY? Why did you tell folks about the glitch or even attempt to fix it?

You coulda been a LEGEND! šŸ˜†
Gotta earn it.
And people know what 100 mph flyby looks like vs 180+

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back