Skyrc gnss having problems, new app?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mean it works, but I notice when I do like a drag.. when I get back and stop the car to check it out it doesn't reconnect, I have to hit the bt button and reconnect it, also its lags and ill have to back out after I reconnect it for the read to work, it just spins like it loading then just stops, also I have to close the app sometimes to see the records.. idk I did the update first thing so thats prolly possible!! Why f with something that works!! Jeeze!! 😡
Same

Ahhh.. google!! 🤣

Screenshot_20220824-170506_Chrome.jpg

So went outside to test the update on it, i did one tracking before those bug came back, That Rc gears app is some crap..

Then i deleted the Rc gears app and installed the other old sky app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gps.revogi

Did 5 run with no problems so I'm going to use the old now...
I mean it works, but I notice when I do like a drag.. when I get back and stop the car to check it out it doesn't reconnect, I have to hit the bt button and reconnect it, also its lags and ill have to back out after I reconnect it for the read to work, it just spins like it loading then just stops, also I have to close the app sometimes to see the records.. idk I did the update first thing so thats prolly possible!! Why f with something that works!! Jeeze!! 😡
Try this App instead

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gps.revogi

My only issue is it takes FOREVER to get a satellite connection. I started trying to acquire a signal early(before I leave house) and by time I get to my spot 10 minutes away, I have a signal. But 50%of the time I lose it mid-run.
Garmin DOES have great products, I run one on my bike. However, they are expensive. Be nice if they made a small compact one for RCs. Seems ridiculous that there is only the SkyRC GNSS(as far as I know). Seems there is a market for a higher quality GNSS but no one is supplying one.

My only issue is it takes FOREVER to get a satellite connection. I started trying to acquire a signal early(before I leave house) and by time I get to my spot 10 minutes away, I have a signal. But 50%of the time I lose it mid-run.
Garmin DOES have great products, I run one on my bike. However, they are expensive. Be nice if they made a small compact one for RCs. Seems ridiculous that there is only the SkyRC GNSS(as far as I know). Seems there is a market for a higher quality GNSS but no one is supplying one.
I use a dynamite unit too, also expensive. Seems to work OK, pretty accurate- I've checked it in the car

20220828_094953.jpg

I use a dynamite unit too, also expensive. Seems to work OK, pretty accurate- I've checked it in the car

View attachment 240304
Yeah those are useful but they only give your top speed. A little more info would be nice. I said before, the SkyRC GNSS would be better if it allowed both Track and Drag modes simultaneously.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back