Infraction SkyRc GNSS issues *Help please!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cwatson427

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hey Guys I could really use some help.... I've been having a problem with my SkyRC gnss....When I do speed runs and run the truck away from me the skyrc app on my phone and Bluetooth is turning off and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Things to note is I'm using a Galaxy s21 plus, the 3 dots under the Bluetooth symbol are lit up, im getting 12 satellites but the 3 dots under that are not lit up. I don't know how it works but essentially it makes sense where in it's a certain distance away from my phone and it's losing the Bluetooth link with my phone. But I gotta believe there has to be something I'm doing wrong as how are you gonna test speed if the truck can't be far away from the phone without the Bluetooth link cutting off. Any ideas guys? I don't know what I'm doing wroing but when I get like 20-30+ yards it loses the Bluetooth connection, which stops the test being run and then reconnects when it gets closer. But when its a certain distance from my phone the bluetooth link to phone is shutting off. Thanks for any help in advance guys

Hey Guys I could really use some help.... I've been having a problem with my SkyRC gnss....When I do speed runs and run the truck away from me the skyrc app on my phone and Bluetooth is turning off and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Things to note is I'm using a Galaxy s21 plus, the 3 dots under the Bluetooth symbol are lit up, im getting 12 satellites but the 3 dots under that are not lit up. I don't know how it works but essentially it makes sense where in it's a certain distance away from my phone and it's losing the Bluetooth link with my phone. But I gotta believe there has to be something I'm doing wrong as how are you gonna test speed if the truck can't be far away from the phone without the Bluetooth link cutting off. Any ideas guys? I don't know what I'm doing wroing but when I get like 20-30+ yards it loses the Bluetooth connection, which stops the test being run and then reconnects when it gets closer. But when its a certain distance from my phone the bluetooth link to phone is shutting off. Thanks for any help in advance guys
It still records the run,sometimes takes a few to reconnect but very accurate.

Your not doing anything wrong.. it runs off the satellite not your phones BT.. your phone is just a way for you to connect to the gnss and see real time data.. of coarse BT will shut off just like any other device, if you go so far, you loose connection!! Next time you use it, do your thing and don't mess with it until you have returned the rig right next to you.. then pull your phone out and wait a sec and you will see it reconnect.. my gut tells me you are very impatient!! 🤣

Last edited:
Bluetooth isn’t exactly known for long range transmission. The GPS is fine. Your phone is fine. If you watch speed run videos everyone takes their phone out when the car is back next to them and waits a couple seconds for it to reconnect.

:D love this. nothing's wrong man no worries, you're all good and your gnss is all good too. like others said, the gnss lives on its own too and records things. you only need your phone to trigger the recording and stop it and read it.
- you connect to the gnss through bluetooth and this turns it on
- you start tracking a drag or height or track
- you put your phone back to your pocket
- your car goes onto speeding or bashing
- bluetooth disconnects
- you finish playing or speed run
- car comes back
- phone reconnects to the gnss
- you stop the recording and read the results.

its all normal, no worries.
Now tell us about those 200mph+ runs you've done <3

For reference

1674487386188.png

Turn on the GNSS and hit start for whichever mode you are testing.
Then stick the phone in your pocket and focus on driving the car.
Drive the car back to you, and come to a complete stop. Then pull the phone out and reconned the GNSS and pull the data.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back