Skyrc gnss quit working

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshludden

Thai guy in Iowa
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Typhon 6s
Like the title says my original gnss unit up & quit picking up satellite signal quite a while back. Still powers on, charges & the Bluetooth connects but it will not pick up the signal. I've tried resetting multiple times, taking it outside but nothing works. Anyone know how to remedy? Or get the thing apart if all else fails? Was told that there's screws under the sticker but I've tried to no avail to find them, even broke the tips of 2 xacto blades trying to find them. Bout ready to just smash the thing open since it doesn't work anyway. Any help would be greatly appreciated & pics would help immensely!

My old one did the same thing. Now I have a new one. Hint, hint 💥💥💥💥💥💥
I'm monkeying w/ it right now, but I have to use the rc gears app for this unit to show up. The unit I just got from @BobS must be an older model cuz it has a micro USB charging port& I had to use the older gnss pa app for it to work- but it works perfectly. It's picking up 10 satellites in my basement apartment 🤨🤷‍♂️
Well now that I've messed w/ both apps I can get both units to show up on both apps although it's a little clunky switching between the two, the one is still not working tho

Last edited:
I don't know if all of them has this but, if yours does, try holding the reset button for 10 seconds and see if that does anything for you.
1670902689993.png

So, anybody out there know how to open these things up? Thought I heard something about some screws under a sticker, but I can't find them & it doesn't seem like a sticker on either side- the writing almost seems printed on. I'm about to just cut it open w/ dremel if I can't do it another way, it doesn't work anyways

So, anybody out there know how to open these things up? Thought I heard something about some screws under a sticker, but I can't find them & it doesn't seem like a sticker on either side- the writing almost seems printed on. I'm about to just cut it open w/ dremel if I can't do it another way, it doesn't work anyways
Hmm...I'm not sure. I just tried to take mine apart but didn't want to take it too far. I'm fairly certain that it's the back part with the writing that comes off/out. I think Jason Flores (FLOPACK RC) on Youtube might have a video on how to disassemble them.

Edit: Here, found this video that shows how to open them up. It is indeed the rear panel that can be removed.

Hmm...I'm not sure. I just tried to take mine apart but didn't want to take it too far. I'm fairly certain that it's the back part with the writing that comes off/out. I think Jason Flores (FLOPACK RC) on Youtube might have a video on how to disassemble them.

Edit: Here, found this video that shows how to open them up. It is indeed the rear panel that can be removed.
Thank you! I'll see what kind of damage I can do 😁

Good luck! Just out of curiosity, but did you consult the other threads on here where people were having trouble with their GNSS?

Like I found this helpful tip from @phildogg in a related thread from 2020.

"Yes when I updated the skyrc app it crashed. Just have clear the cache on the app. And all was good again. Hope this helps"

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back