skyrc gps keeps coming out of car!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powell987

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
My skyrc gps keeps coming flying out of my car when bashing, I have it secured with velcro but just seems to keep coming loose!!! how are you all securing your gps in your car ?
also are these waterproof ?

My skyrc gps keeps coming flying out of my car when bashing, I have it secured with velcro but just seems to keep coming loose!!! how are you all securing your gps in your car ?
Velcro is probably failing because it's getting dirt or whatever in it. There are some 3d printed mounting options on ebay, you could also just try strong double sided tape. But are you talking about street bashing or off road bashing?

Theses. Fits amazing.

Screenshot_20220402-052316_eBay.jpg

Velcro is probably failing because it's getting dirt or whatever in it. There are some 3d printed mounting options on ebay, you could also just try strong double sided tape. But are you talking about street bashing or off road bashing?
Ok cheers i will have a look at those on ebay 👍 or if you have a link even better ?
Bit of both really but mainly off road bashing..

I need one for my dynamite gps you make those ? Limitless rear diffuser placement.
I will have to try to find Dimensions just to make sure but it’s definitely something I would be able to do even if you got me the dimensions I can work around that

@3d-rc.myshopify.com

how much would you charge for this ?
Info for my gps bellow….

SKY RC GNSS Performance Analyzer / Speed Meter​

BRAND: SKYRC

PART NUMBER: SCH-SK-500023​

And need it to fit in a typhon 3s

Hope you can help me with this!!!

@3d-rc.myshopify.com

how much would you charge for this ?
Info for my gps bellow….

SKY RC GNSS Performance Analyzer / Speed Meter​

BRAND: SKYRC

PART NUMBER: SCH-SK-500023​

And need it to fit in a typhon 3s

Hope you can help me with this!!!
Do you have a spot in mind for a mounting location? Guessing off hand around $5 not including shipping.

No, Not Water proof.
There are cases and 3D printed mounts for it.
I been through all of what you said. Destroyed several of them. Gets costly.:rolleyes:
Try Velcro with a Zip Tie perhaps. Velcro alone won't work. Never does.
I bought A cheap generic AMZ GPS foam padded case for mine, but is rather large. It also has ejected from Speed Running Fails. And the case protected it. It was run over by a car on the street. Case and analyzer was still intact. But I use my Perf. Analyzer in different rigs. So mine is not permanent to one rig.
Sometimes I will use Gorilla tape to the inner roof of the body. And it stays put well. Also gets best GPS reception this way. Always stayed attached, carnage fails and all.

Last edited:
Yeah, Dual Lock is probably the best Velcro type of attachment.(y) But if possible still secure with one Zip tie.
I feel if you wreck doing 80+ mph, it will still eject. Been there.
I get 3M Dual Lock free from my EZ-Pass Tag store.:ROFLMAO: They hand it out like candy on Halloween.
Good stuff. Just not 100% for some of my rigs. How I run them.

Last edited:
I will have to try to find Dimensions just to make sure but it’s definitely something I would be able to do even if you got me the dimensions I can work around that
So I’ll get the dimensions for you with my caliper mm when I get home how much with shipping you think ? Or you need dimensions first pm me please I’m interested for 3-4 of them

I drill 4 holes and put 2 zip ties,one in each direction with double sided 3m tape and haven't lost one since, and have wrecked over 150 mph. But,I did buy one for each car,so I don't move from one to the other

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back