SKYRC GSM-015

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rottster

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton EXB
Just in case you were wondering why your downloaded files wouldn't show up on google maps, there's a known bug in Win 10/11 that won't show tracking. After about a month of back and forth, they came up with a solution called GNSS V1.56. They haven't released it as an installer yet, just a .rar file they sent me and it does work.

I use 1.50 and it works with W10, just ever so tempermental. Depends on the resolution or rate you set.
I gave up on my 015. Display readings never match what I get when using the PC to download and check records. Speeds are always higher or just Zero using the PC software
I use the 020 now. And the App also needs a revision IMHO. It locks up at times when I turn the 020 On via the RC Gears App. (Android)
The 015 and 020 are similarly priced.
Better off with the 020.
015 is much more delicate and fragile. The 015's PCB will shatter, just from the Shock of an impact. not even getting struck. These are all very cheaply produced. The PCB is horribly made/soldered/assembled.

Last edited:
I use 1.50 and it works with W10, just ever so tempermental. Depends on the resolution or rate you set.
I gave up on my 015. Display readings never match what I get when using the PC to download and check records. Speeds are always higher or just Zero using the PC software
I use the 020 now. And the App also needs a revision IMHO. It locks up at times when I turn the 020 On via the RC Gears App. (Android)
The 015 and 020 are similarly priced.
Better off with the 020.
015 is much more delicate and fragile. The 015's PCB will shatter, just from the Shock of an impact. not even getting struck. These are all very cheaply produced. The PCB is horribly made/soldered/assembled.

Lol, I agree. The 015 battery compartment is a joke, which makes it a female dog to mount via velcro which I've done. Sheesh, two screws to close it up would be perfect. Also, anything having a LCD screen is tantamount to failure.

Having said as much, the top speed and GMRS coordinates are spot on compared to my Garmin in one of my Jeeps. I took it for a 40 mile round trip and the downloaded speeds are right there. I also like being able to download the whole recorded map with speeds on Windows... I hate using my phone, I'm old and I like a full screen view. The LCD does round up or down by 1 mph, but the downloaded map is to the .01 mph. Also, where I have it mounted, there is no likely hood of damage and believe me, I've tested that.

IMG_5464.JPG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back