Slevin’s Arrma Typhon 6s GT conversion build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Starting to mock up the attachment for the front bumper. I ordered some materials to try a couple different ideas.

1280F97C-AA77-4B59-8CDC-B97FC65BD091.jpeg

So I have a question. I have typhon hubs, typhon axials, and carriers. Why do I have this gap between the hubs and the carrier? The only thing I can think is that I have the wrong axial.

26C39DCC-F8D8-4A53-AD49-EE9E0BB9B39A.jpeg

So I have a question. I have typhon hubs, typhon axials, and carriers. Why do I have this gap between the hubs and the carrier? The only thing I can think is that I have the wrong axial.

View attachment 73291
Yeah some part is wrong. Looks like Kraton axels or something.

Following this since I will use the same bumper for my Typhon Rally car build :)(y)
I ordered the materials but they won’t be here for maybe two weeks at most I think. But I’ll definitely explain what I do. You can also check out @joostin420’s build as well. His idea is awesome too. Pretty rigid in my opinion.

Jenny’s has everything in stock that I needed so I went ahead and ordered what I could.

limitless front/rear shocks
Limitless shock towers
V4 motor mount
New typhon dog bones axials etc

I got the limitless shocks, towers, motor mount and typhon axials in yesterday. I got most of it mounted, however I’m still waiting on the droop screws.

I got an idea for mounting the rear Magen body mount to the tower but I’m still waiting for my CF to arrive. It is taking forever. I might order it from somewhere else.

I also cancelled my amazon orders for the kydex and CF. I ordered it else where because it was taking forever from Amazon. I should have the materials this week so I can start building the front bumper mount and rear body mount bracket.

3EB57666-466E-44DC-8C03-4975B2B09BED.jpeg

801184BA-99EB-4903-91C5-F249E9997F49.jpeg

29AAC629-2D6D-4669-8A69-33AC78217C26.jpeg

75DCD476-ADF9-445C-8DEA-C7C036D1235D.jpeg

Last edited:
So as I get closer to completing this build, I need to figure out what electronics to get. I’ll be picking up the flysky fs-bs6 rx but what esc, motor, and servo should I get? Not sure if I should go all out or not.
MMX8S TP4070 2200 CM and servo doesn’t really matter. You only turn twice on a speed run ???

MMX8S TP4070 2200 CM and servo doesn’t really matter. You only turn twice on a speed run ???
Not really doing speed runs. I mean, obviously I wanna go fast, but it isn’t the sole thing. Don’t get me wrong, I’d LOVE the mmx8s and tp motor but is it really cost effective for my application. At the bare minimum I’ll use the blx185 system. It is also the cheapest lol. I don’t know. I’m thinking of going with the mmx8s but probably a cheaper motor. Maybe a leopard 4092 or something.

Yes 6s. 3200 kv. I’m going to pick up the x 8s whenever it comes back in stock. Should be awesome!

my CF should be arriving today!
That is pretty high KV for 6s use..... You could run that one on 3s and still have lots of power.
I hope it works out for you.

I believe @joostin420 would agree that 3200kv is high for 6s use. If the factory 2050kv motor gets hot running around the parking lot this motor surely will on 6s. Might be good for some drag/speed passes though...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back