Slevin’s Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slevin

Pew pew!!
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
Hey all! Some of you may remember me from the tekno forums. Well, I’m back but this time with an Arrma Kraton! Specifically, I bought a used v2/v3 Kraton in pieces courtesy of @Lride Chart.

It’ll be a long process but winter is in full swing here and it won’t let up until, well, June. I’ve bought some upgrades already and will install them as the build progresses.

7B0225B0-450A-429D-90FC-8618A07F6A23.jpeg

I will update as I progress! Right now, I’m cleaning everything.

Upgrades I’ve purchased thus far:
  • M2c chassis
  • V4 t2t brace and mounts
  • V4 motor mount
  • HR servo mount
In my ET48.3 I was running 60/100/30 for diff fuilds. Does this hold true for the Kraton or should I run something else?

Also, what about shocks? Fuilds? Springs? I bought the TLR variety pack so I have options. IIRC, folks were running 60 to 70 weight in the shocks?

Last edited:
Up the center diff to 200k at minimum. A stock V4 Kraton uses 100k center I believe. Too much diffing-out, bleeding power from the rear wheels. IMO. 500k also works for some. I'll try that next. I have a TeknoMT also. Been on the Tekno Forum too. Kraton running 20kF and 60kR. I may swap f and r diffs to see the difference. I like a lot of steering. Less push. Most 1/8 Race Truggies use a much lighter rear CST versus front.(looser). But my 6S Kraton is much heavier than my MT. I guess its personal preference and how and where you drive.

Last edited:
Made some progress...I’m removing the red anodize from the aluminum parts and just polishing them for now. I’m looking into DIY anodizing are home to color them myself. Seems relatively easy. I’ve got ways to go though. Fortunately, I live in the artic so I’ve got some time before I can even get out to bash it.

487EA2E7-1F16-4770-B5D1-DA73690C2090.jpeg

Last edited:
1000sct is very nice shock oil in my Talion V4 6S
i Believe you can start there with Kraton also.

The stock 2000sct is joke.
After i change to 1000sct they start work and do what shocks needs do

This is how far I’ve gotten so far...

E6AD8FA4-E8E2-4E72-B83D-A0A072D36181.jpeg

enter diff is done. Got the motor and esc mounted as well as the front and rear which aren’t 100% complete yet.

I’m waiting for TBR bumper and mud guards and HR front hubs arrive. My Flysky GT5 and Voltage Hobbies servo mount still haven’t arrived.

I also ordered the M2c shock mounts and droop screws.

Eventually I’ll order the M2c front and rear braces.

sorry the picture is crap. I need more lighting and a cleaner work space.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back