slick2500s Ecx Torment 2wd

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slick2500

Anything will break if you drive it wrong enough.
Community Leader
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 3s
As much as I hate short course trucks, I decided I needed something different and since I didn't want 2 Ruckus MT's I made myself a Torment 2wd out of my pile of spare Ecx parts.

Pretty much stock except for the radio, SCT "Badlands", Traxxas Ultra shocks, hex hardware,, a few bearings and 2 of the plastic gears in the trans were swapped out with a spare metal set I had.

Stock setup is a Dynamite 2s capable brushed esc, 15t Dynamite brushed motor, 87t spur and 18t pinion.

I need to replace the front body mount, all of the links, some more bearings and the drive shafts.

Oe35nu9.jpg
P7zNMiY.jpg
o0Ek53D.jpg
MsEoxyQ.jpg
XyLUelx.jpg
Vp5j6ob.jpg

As much as I hate short course trucks, I decided I needed something different and since I didn't want 2 Ruckus MT's I made myself a Torment 2wd out of my pile of spare Ecx parts.

Pretty much stock except for the radio, SCT "Badlands", Traxxas Ultra shocks, hex hardware,, a few bearings and 2 of the plastic gears in the trans were swapped out with a spare metal set I had.

Stock setup is a Dynamite 2s capable brushed esc, 15t Dynamite brushed motor, 87t spur and 18t pinion.

I need to replace the front body mount, all of the links, some more bearings and the drive shafts.
Nice truck. Just curious, why do you hate SCT's? They are actually my favorite trucks, but, that is because SCT's and truggy's suit my driving style better than monster trucks (monster trucks always tend to end up upside down with me, so the longer chassis works better with the way i run them). Im working on a similar style to that body, except on a DHK Raz-R truggy

Nice truck. Just curious, why do you hate SCT's? They are actually my favorite trucks, but, that is because SCT's and truggy's suit my driving style better than monster trucks (monster trucks always tend to end up upside down with me, so the longer chassis works better with the way i run them). Im working on a similar style to that body, except on a DHK Raz-R truggy

I think the bodies are the ugliest things on the planet.

And the Ecx Ruckus is a lwb Mt, it actually uses the exact same chassis as the Torment.
15717247803398458865253890029520.jpg

Last edited:
You could always try a 1/8th truggy body, and see if that looks better to you. I like them because they are based off of one of my absolute favorite types of racing, pro 2 and pro 4 stadium trucks. Or, you could just sell it to me and buy another Ruckus LOL.

And the Ecx Ruckus is a lwb Mt, it actually uses the exact same chassis as the Torment.

That is info i didnt know, so thank you for that. I have been looking at the Torment for a 2WD basher, but, if the Ruckus is the same chassis, i can use it to build a monster SCT, as long as standard SCT bodies fit it.

Now that I am sitting here I should have gotten one of these bodies instead of the eBay cheapo. https://www.prolineracing.com/bodies/1978-chevy-c-10-race-truck-clear-body.asp

About that ebay body, are they fairly durable looking, or really cheap and thin? I ordered one for a granite build im doing, but, it hasnt arrived yet, and your the only person i have seen with one, so i just figured i would ask.

Only difference is the bumpers, tires, body and pinion gear. When running sct bodies on the Ruckus the body sticks out past the bumpers so you would probably want the Torment for the bumpers as you would end up replacing the stock tires on the Ruckus anyway because the Dynamite Shootout MTs are by far the worst rtr mt tire I have used. The compound is so hard it is more like plastic than rubber.

This is the SCT body on the Ruckus.

4r91uh8.jpg

Only difference is the bumpers, tires, body and pinion gear. When running sct bodies on the Ruckus the body sticks out past the bumpers so you would probably want the Torment for the bumpers as you would end up replacing the stock tires on the Ruckus anyway because the Dynamite Shootout MTs are by far the worst rtr mt tire I have used. The compound is so hard it is more like plastic than rubber.

This is the SCT body on the Ruckus.

View attachment 52694
That is almost exactly the look i am trying to achieve with all my SCT's, but, a lot of the time, just adding MT tires to an RTR SCT tends to look off to me. I have a DHK Hunter with a Force RC Warhawk body, and tires and wheels from a Redcat Volcano, and it almost perfect, except the body still needs to be trimmed to clear the tires a bit more, or raised a bit if i can find longer body posts.

That's a cool looking body. ?
There are actually a few different ones on Ebay, all from the same supplier. I got a Stampede Sheriff's black body for my Granite, that is supposed to be here tomorrow, and i am also planning on getting one for my DHK Raz-R project idea i have. As @slick2500 said, they are cheap ($20 shipped), but, since this is the first one i will have gotten, i don't know how durable they are yet.

There are actually a few different ones on Ebay, all from the same supplier. I got a Stampede Sheriff's black body for my Granite, that is supposed to be here tomorrow, and i am also planning on getting one for my DHK Raz-R project idea i have. As @slick2500 said, they are cheap ($20 shipped), but, since this is the first one i will have gotten, i don't know how durable they are yet.
They shatter in the cold. My last Stampede VW bug one did anyway. I would suggest at least some gorilla tape all over the inside.
That's a cool looking body. ?
They have some nice looking ones https://www.prolineracing.com/short-course-desert-truck-bodies/

They shatter in the cold. My last Stampede VW bug one did anyway. I would suggest at least some gorilla tape all over the inside.
That will actually suck, since im planning on running the Granite in snow. Guess ill keep the cracked original body for that then.

That will actually suck, since im planning on running the Granite in snow. Guess ill keep the cracked original body for that then.
I have one of his Revo bug bodies and it took a lot of abuse lined with drywall tape and rubberized undercoating before it cracked, I was lazy and didn't do the Stampede one though.

I didn't use this rc, took it out maybe 2-3 times over the past few years so I gave it to my nephew.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back