Slick's Axial SCX24

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@slick2500 nice set up! How’s your servo holding up? Mine is twitching out now which I’ve read is a common issue. I picked up some 3D printed rock sliders for mine. Perfect for indoor courses. I’ve seen some people put the Jeep tires on these trucks which are bigger, might do that eventually. How’s the added weight helping with performance?
I haven't run it yet as I didn't think to grab it the last time I went out, but one of the guys in our crawler group has one with the exact same mods as mine and his worked quite well.

@Jerry-rigged ya I got lucky. My lhs announced curb side pick up and I was able to snag the last one they had. With the whole covid 19 situation these mini indoor/outdoor crawlers have become like gold.

Saturday I went up to the LHS to pick up some paint for one of my bodies and ended up walking out with an Axial SCX24 1967 Chevy.

View attachment 72246

Everything that was in the box sans packaging.
View attachment 72247

Included transmitter is the Axial AX-4 2.4ghz radio. It uses 4 AA batteries(that are included)
View attachment 72248

Simple controls. The low medium high switch actually functions.
View attachment 72249

Little baggy with the light bar in it.
View attachment 72250

A usb balance plug charger.
View attachment 72251

The manual, some spare parts and the 4 AA batteries.
View attachment 72252

Body off shot and the 2 in 1 AE-6 esc/rx.
View attachment 72254

The included 350mah 2s lipo.
View attachment 72255

Tiny little motor.
View attachment 72256

Light bar all installed.
View attachment 72257

All of the screws are SAE.

I had to trim the front fenders as the tires kept hitting.

Shocks are not good.

Going to install the Hot Racing shocks, brass diff covers, brass front knuckles and the brass wheel weights.
Yes Sir, same one i got. I was happy with the quality for the price. First thing i did was stretch the shock springs a bit. That took care of the body rub.. I ordered the Mil-stone brass hubs for a bit of weight but they also widen the wheel base by a total of 6mm..which doesn't seem like much but very noticeable. I've had a ball with this thing and might buy another..probably the deadbolt..

I have the white Jeep also. Mil-stone brass hubs and hot racing shocks. Put a little 10000 diff oil in shocks helps dampen things quite a bit. It runs circles around my sons miniz Toyota Land Cruiser.

I got an grey one.
Yeah rubbing is a problem.
For shocks as said above gil them with silicone oil or a good grease.
I will try springs from a click pen - we will see how it works out.

What I read - tires are also on the hard side -- RC4WD has some 1" which should be good.

I finally got one in the house - Got my son one for his birthday. Great little truck! he loves it too. We had watched the RC Saylors vid, so first thing, he started grabbing boards and stuff to make an indoor crawler course... LOL.

Yeah, his room is messy, but he is having fun -
20200919_122525.jpg

I need to make a crawler course. The SCX24 can't go places my SCX10-II can.

My son narrates the story of the truck too... :)

We did start a outdoor crawler course in our small garden, but looks like there will be lots of rain coming, with this TS Beta... :(

I bought my boy a deadbolt 24 last year and the motor burn up. Just recently replaced it kinda a pain. Thought about the c10 for myself for winter time here nice build though on yours some people have changed to servo out

Picked one of the blue c10s up a couple weeks ago. I put some Lucas red and tacky into the shocks and took a couple of rubber axial shock bushings (had a couple extras from the ones purchased to put in big bore shocks on my senton mega) and cut them in half for spring pre load/spring perches. Also dremeled the wheel arches a tiny bit. Runs good at stock spring mount and keeps the factory cg. Fun little truck.

I don't know if yours will be the same exactly but you can see in the pic where i relocated them too. Whether it is an improvement or not is still to be determined but always fun to mess around.

Does yours lean to the back right corner? I had to add twice as much preload to the spring to get the thing to sit level.
I know this thread is a little old, but I just got my white Jeep SCX24 yesterday and it definitely leans to the back right a fair amount. The shock in the back is almost fully compressed under its own weight. The front wheel rubs the body at the back of the wheel well when you turn the wheels. Did you end up sorting the lean?

I'm guessing I need to find some way to increase the preload. Any links or suggestions are welcome!

Axial shock bushings cut in half for preload or pentel energel pen springs work. You can cut the pen spring to what spring rate you want. Just need to shape the bottom to fit the lower ball seat with some needle noses.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back