Fireteam Slick's Fireteam 6s BLX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@slick2500 ... 19T with no fans on motor (y) and it wheelies at any speed :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The Hobbystar was on sale, and got it for the FT. Wanted a motor that would run cooler with the Max6, and both the Max and the motor will have a 40mm RCP fan on it.

I "LOVE" the fact the FT does not wheelie. I would not want it to with the new motor...but I am running stock fluid with 100k in the center.

Trying to determine what pinion to start with since the stock is 13T. Maybe 18-20T not sure...

Does yours wheel due to having heavier diff oil in the center diff? Or you stock 100K center diff?

How do you like the 19T pinion?

I put a 20T in it and it was running rather hot, I forgot to grab my temp gun so I wasn't sure how hot it was but I know it was too hot to touch even with a fan.

20T got hot....was this with your new 4092 posted above. I am in the hot south, but the stock motor 2050kv did well with the RCP 40mm fan to keep the motor below or at 170F.

Trying to pick a starting pinion are you still on the 20T, or did you go down?

Does it wheelie? Wheelies are not for me, but I do have 100k in the center, so the change my not wheelie.

The Hobbystar was on sale, and got it for the FT. Wanted a motor that would run cooler with the Max6, and both the Max and the motor will have a 40mm RCP fan on it.

I "LOVE" the fact the FT does not wheelie. I would not want it to with the new motor...but I am running stock fluid with 100k in the center.

Trying to determine what pinion to start with since the stock is 13T. Maybe 18-20T not sure...

Does yours wheel due to having heavier diff oil in the center diff? Or you stock 100K center diff?

Mines an EXB so maybe that's why it wheelies, but tbh it's quite annoying, I've yet to try it since I moved the battery tray forwards and I'm hoping that helps. Pinion wise I'm pretty happy where it is..

20T got hot....was this with your new 4092 posted above. I am in the hot south, but the stock motor 2050kv did well with the RCP 40mm fan to keep the motor below or at 170F.

Trying to pick a starting pinion are you still on the 20T, or did you go down?

Does it wheelie? Wheelies are not for me, but I do have 100k in the center, so the change my not wheelie.

Yeah 20t on the new 4092 Rocket motor but not sure how hot it got exactly.

Yeah just a starting point and still on the 20t, going to make sure to bring my temp gun with me next time.

It will if you mash the throttle on a high grip surface.

Pretty much this is representative with all the FT's out there. At least Arrma is consistent here.:ROFLMAO:
Same here with the Motor mount screws. They use too much Gorilla snot Red TL everywhere. And I even knew to heat/torch the screws first. One stripped anyway. . A dremel and a Flathead got it out.
I used 3mm Hexed Cap head screws instead.
Have you checked the stub axel grub screws holding the Hex adapter pins. All 4 of mine were super TL'ed also. I carefully loosened them. I got burned before and needed new hubs and stub axels and pins. Grubs screws stripped out and its a wrap. Even the pins were bent from overtightening at the factory. I always check this while under warranty out the box. The Grub screws here don't even need any TL. The pins are captured anyway by the Wheel's hex. Just snugging these grub screws is enough. Arrma must absolutely know about these assy. flaws. Because they graciously accommdate you under the 2 year warranty. They don't care.
I now change out all arrma motor mount screws to a cap head. It’s just not worth it !!

I need to fix a few rough spots from when I was cutting and pick up some paint then go to town.
I still need Mojave side guards and add the front mud guards.
1695430622555.jpeg

Kept it simple and just went metallic blue, decided to try some Traxxas paint, probably won't do that every again as it doesn't cover worth a damn, an entire can and there were still spots where you can see the black backer showing through the blue...............

I messed up aligning the body and ended up having to cut the front bumper off the body so it would clear the Fireteam front bumper. I didn't realize until after I had already started that I should have put the yellow/orange/red strips on first. Those stickers were time consuming to put on. And I still need the Mojave side guards.

1695697334913.jpeg

1695697344116.jpeg

1695697472528.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back