Fireteam Slick's Fireteam 6s BLX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I am willing to bet that the chassis was already bent when I got my Fireteam, I never did check it and with that front driveshaft being bent out of the box that leads me to think that is the case.
I've only run my Fireteam through 4 batter packs so far even though I've had it almost a month. Went over it pretty hard before first bash, not hard enough though, lol. Broke it on literally the first jump of about 3 feet high. Turned out the center front outdrive didn't have a grub screw in it. Got that straightened out and after the 4th pack I started getting some light grinding noise from the front, no wrecks or anything to cause it. My front center shaft is bent very slightly, now I'm wanting to check to see if the chassis is not straight.

Next batch of electronics, only thing new is the servo and the motor fan.

Castle Creations Mamba Monster 2 esc.
Leopard Hobby 4282 1680kv.
Blue Bird BLS H51-B servo.

1680919634073.jpeg

Finally after months of waiting and missing it a few times I was able to get myself a Ford F150 Supercab.

Now I need to decide what color to go with.

1685064178495.jpeg

@slick2500 ... 19T with no fans on motor (y) and it wheelies at any speed :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I put a 20T in it and it was running rather hot, I forgot to grab my temp gun so I wasn't sure how hot it was but I know it was too hot to touch even with a fan.

Don't forget I'm in England so it's always cold :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I think I could even go up some teeth..!!
I'm in South Dakota so it wasn't very warm yet here maybe 20-25*C.

Not recommending anything because it’s your rig, but the 4092 v1 and now new 4985 v2 have always ran hot with no performance loss. Constantly 100-110* C with IR hottest on the can at the end of runs. My hobbystar/rocket v2 ESC doesn’t have thermal motor shutoff default until 120 if that tells you about their durability and heat retention, the ESC is only 105. For reference, geared 20/46 with heavy 6-1/4” diameter SBR 2.0 wheels

China fans finally came in yesterday, hoping that helps keep it around 90-100 as it was can only before.

8F616081-412C-4AAC-802F-30008056A1E5.jpeg

Not recommending anything because it’s your rig, but the 4092 v1 and now new 4985 v2 have always ran hot with no performance loss. Constantly 100-110* C with IR hottest on the can at the end of runs. My hobbystar/rocket v2 ESC doesn’t have thermal motor shutoff default until 120 if that tells you about their durability and heat retention, the ESC is only 105. For reference, geared 20/46 with heavy 6-1/4” diameter SBR 2.0 wheels

China fans finally came in yesterday, hoping that helps keep it around 90-100 as it was can only before.

View attachment 304331
How is the performance of that Surpass 4985? I’ve seen that on Aliexpress and the specs say 3600W, whereas the Hobbywing 4985 specs say 5700W.
If that 3600W is correct they basically put a 4082 in a 4985 housing, maybe for better cooling?🤷‍♂️

thats a red hot day in england

Hot here is basically anything above 30 we can hit nearly 40 in the summer and then seeing -40 in the winter sucks too.

Hot here is basically anything above 30 we can hit nearly 40 in the summer and then seeing -40 in the winter sucks too.
we only go down to about -5 really. although we did hit 40 last summer for about two days it was horrible

How is the performance of that Surpass 4985? I’ve seen that on Aliexpress and the specs say 3600W, whereas the Hobbywing 4985 specs say 5700W.
If that 3600W is correct they basically put a 4082 in a 4985 housing, maybe for better cooling?🤷‍♂️
It's a completely different powerband and subjective based on kV rating/gearing, but 40-42mm cans(82/92L) are peaky in the end of the trigger pull(3/4-Full) with 15 degree of timing. The 4985 on 4pole timing is extremely stout in the midrange 1/4-3/4 trigger where WFO is rarely used. I need a little more transmitter and esc boost/turbo tuning time to make a full comparison, but for 15+lb rigs I'd recommend a big bore unless strictly speed running.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back