Fireteam Slick's Fireteam 6s BLX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this much I am done buying anything from Horizon Hobby.
I also get PTSD every time I considered another new Arrma. I think I pretty much got most of the 6s line up by now . Need no more. Have All, except the Talion, and the Felony which I most seriously despise.
And I would have never considered the FT if not for the $400.00 price. I knew full well at $400.00 I could absorb the cost of the much needed Upgrades and somewhat break even on a build. Just the FT QC sucks.(n) So easy to get tired of buying New Arrma's after a while. Better off buying them lightly used and well rebuilt. Like from @Rcproponent .:giggle:
And here I am, wanting another M2C XLWB Mojo chassis for my FT now.:giggle:

Last edited:
I also get PTSD every time I considered another new Arrma. I think I pretty much got most of the 6s line up by now . Need no more. Have All, except the Talion, and the Felony which I most seriously despise.
And I would have never considered the FT if not for the $400.00 price. I knew full well at $400.00 I could absorb the cost of the much needed Upgrades and somewhat break even on a build. Just the FT QC sucks.(n) So easy to get tired of buying New Arrma's after a while. Better off buying them lightly used and well rebuilt. Like from @Rcproponent .:giggle:
And here I am, wanting another M2C XLWB Mojo chassis for my FT now.:giggle:

It would be one thing if it was just the cars but these tools can't even be bothered to QC the mother loving parts. I can't even get brand new parts that aren't messed up......... And I still have not gotten a response from Horizon about the gearbox. I'm also going to send them pictures of all of all those SafeD diff cups I have that are messed up.
I know how you feel :( but it's worse over in the UK as we have less of everything and it takes an age to get anything sorted if it goes wrong..
That FTX is looking better and better by the day.

That FTX is looking better and better by the day.
I had FTX and wouldn't touch one with a barge pole, in fact I wouldn't even touch one with your barge pole :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:;):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
The few I've had were made out of the brittlest plastic EVER, it would break even if you just looked at it..

I had FTX and wouldn't touch one with a barge pole, in fact I wouldn't even touch one with your barge pole :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:;):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
The few I've had were made out of the brittlest plastic EVER, it would break even if you just looked at it..

FTX is like Redcat, they don't actually make anything they sell just rebrand, everything I have seen about the DR8 is that it is top notch and nothing like any of their other garbage. Like comparing a Team Redcat MT10E(Team Magic HX rebrand) to a Redcat Volcano(HSP rebrand). When you have some time take a look at it. If they were easy to get here I would have bought one a long long time ago. It is also sold as the Reely Raptor and FS Racing Atom 6s, iirc the FTX has a different chassis layout, like the Kraton vs the Talion, that the Raptor and Atom or it might be the other way around I can't remember which one is different I just remember one of them is.

Basherqueen makes some stuff for the Raptor, not sure how she got one though, she must still have contacts in Germany.

Last edited:
I feel so dumb and found another error in the Fireteam manual. This one had me scratching my head for like 15-20 minutes. I'm like this can't be right there has to be something missing. Manual shows this is how it goes together as well.

1672791440008.jpeg

1672791427850.png

I was missing this piece.

1672791674603.jpeg

1672791685935.jpeg

Yeah, you'll need one of those!😬🤯😕
There are so many errors and missing screws in this exploded diagram...................Luckily I know where most of them go.
1672793702826.png

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

1672793619460.jpeg

Last edited:
Let the rebuild begin.

View attachment 266861

As a side note my LHS has a Fireteam for $499.99.

Sorry Brother for all the issues. I felt this way on the rear diff for the Kraton EXB and the Losi DB Pro until I got it all fixed. It sounds like you have way more issues than the norm...wishing you the best with all that.

I tried AJJam FT chassis swap trick with the towel method he YT'd....worked out well not needing to dismantle the entire rig for the Mojave EXB chassis for the FT. In my case, all my upgrades were installed so only needed to swap the chassis.

Sorry Brother for all the issues. I felt this way on the rear diff for the Kraton EXB and the Losi DB Pro until I got it all fixed. It sounds like you have way more issues than the norm...wishing you the best with all that.

I tried AJJam FT chassis swap trick with the towel method he YT'd....worked out well not needing to dismantle the entire rig for the Mojave EXB chassis for the FT. In my case, all my upgrades were installed so only needed to swap the chassis.
I tore it down to get all the mud off.

And does anyone know if the exploded view is wrong or if my parts are wrong?

The Mojave uses that end link for clearance on the inner wheel since it has a steeper droop with SCT arms. If you don’t rub at full droop the Notorious/Kraton end will be fine.

To not clutter up the precious lipo thread, the infraction wasn’t box stock since they come with a 15T Motor pinion.

All put back together. Still need mud guards and a motor cooler. I had to move my battery tray back to the forward position as the leads on my Max8 are rather short, I think I am going to end up making some leads similar to what Radio Control Power does.

1673057782528.jpeg

All put back together. Still need mud guards and a motor cooler. I had to move my battery tray back to the forward position as the leads on my Max8 are rather short, I think I am going to end up making some leads similar to what Radio Control Power does.

View attachment 267964
Starting to look Arrma Tough! 💪

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back